Friday 30 June 2023

Yes, I Can Eat Half A Duck

Yesterday I wrote about how quarter duck was not enough to fill my stomach hah..hah...hah...

But frankly I feel shy ordering half a duck at the restaurant for dining in tsk...tsk... Where got people eat like that right? So I ordered half a duck via Grabfood (because I was still craving duck and also I was testing myself).


I did a scheduled order which I find (if available) is the best way since the food will arrive quite promptly.


The Grab rider gave me a fright when I got a notification that my order has arrived but I did not see the rider or even the food. Did he deliver to the wrong house?


So I texted him, asking him where he is and that I have not received my order. He replied he will arrive in 5 minutes. When he delivered my food, he told me he accidentally tapped the delivered button. Hmmm.... Anyway, whatever. Janji, I receive my roast duck.


The price discrepancy is quite significant - for half a duck, dine-in cost RM40.00 while via Grabfood is RM48.50.  But since I have a lot of Grab points (thanks to the Grabcar rides and also the points I collected when shopping at Jaya Grocer) I used those to get a discount.

So if my mum is reading this, today's food order for her and dad (yes, duck rice!) also got discount heh..heh..heh...

Now back to my order.


Three types of sauces came with the order.


The chili oil, I did not take much. I would have enjoyed it if I were having noodles. The other two sauces I liked very much but used sparingly since they were sweet.


The duck (again) was very much to my liking. Very, very tasty!


And yes, I finished the whole lot in one sitting. It was very filling and now I am confident to order half a duck at the shop for dining in (and to freak out the restaurant people).


And mind you, I had stomach space for dinner. But alas I forgot to snap photo. It was an oxtail and tendon soup. But before you say, aiyo so nice (of course for those who love this sort of thing), it did not turn out nice.

I seem to have developed an aversion for sup bunjut spices. It is now too overwhelming for me. I need to find a Chinese style beef soup recipe.

Anyway I will show the photo tomorrow since I will be having the soup this evening.

12 comments:

  1. Half does not look like a lot. I am sure I can finish that all by myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you could eat half a duck with ease. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it! I wonder when is my turn, but my eager to buy a cake and finish it by myself are stronger, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah... you are funny! I still have that ambition too! When my birthday comes, I will buy one (small) cake and sapu!

      Delete
  4. When I read the previous post, I was very confident you could sapu half a duck...and looks like you've proven that. I'm glad I'm not a carnivore otherwise a meal at RM30 - RM50 is super expensive on a regular basis (bankrupt lah macam ini!)...lol. I see this duck is served with a chilli oil, which is rather unusual. Usually I encounter a paler sauce (than the sweet sauce) or a plum sauce that goes with duck. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you for your confidence in me LOL! It is true that eating out as a carnivore is very expensive. Unlike the people in the USA, they can eat burger patties (which is cheap for them) from burger outlets.

      Delete
  5. Long time didn't tasted roasted duck. But I wonder I can finish half or not but I definitely would enjoy eating it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably need your kids and your man to help you finish the duck LOL!

      Delete
  6. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I should call you Daisy Duck and your lahling Donald Duck πŸ¦†πŸ¦† This is the first time I heard of someone who could finish so much duck at one go! Did you quack the whole day??

    So coincidence, I drove past that Twins Signature Roast Duck yesterday evening. It is behind Stanchart Bank and faces those houses. I love to eat crispy skin duck with tender meat too with right chilly sauce. However the parking area there is terrible unless I walk from Starling Mall. Your reviews and craving would lure me there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quack! Quack! Quack! LOL!

      I know, the parking is horrible. Park at The Starling and then walk. Good exercise before enjoying the duck!

      Delete