Sunday 4 June 2023

Saturday Dinner

Saturdays currently I just eat out before I head home. It's a lot easier not having to struggle in the kitchen.

Even on carnivore where cooking is simply the act of chucking some (marinated) meat into the air fryer, you still need to wait, eat and then clean up. Naaahhh.... I don't want all that on Saturday.

But eating out pretty much means that I will be eating carbs but that's OK, I don't want to be super picky (at the moment).


I had an iced latte. Just for the heck of it. I mean the ice part. I allow myself coffee in the evenings on weekends so that I can stay up with my partner to watch TV. Iced in no good, you get a whole load of ice and not much coffee. Next time I stick to hot.


I had the Cajun Prawn Mantau again. I love this. A lot. Very expensive and you get only four prawns. Maybe I should not order this again.


The evening before, I Grabfood my dinner.


This is Maican Oxrail Ragout from Signature Kaw Kaw Burger x Stiq. It was served with roasted garlic, roasted sweet potato, a small salad and the stew gravy. I thought it was pretty good.

The roasted garlic and sweet potato (which looked so pathetic) were super delish! Maybe I can try to replicate this oxtail ragout in my kitchen. 

Today I got back to my carnivorous ways.


This is a soup using leftover broth. I simply added one packet of beef trimmings, the stalks from daun sup, the root part of spring onions, some tomatoes and sauteed onions/garlic/ginger. 

10 comments:

  1. My missus insists on cooking. Otherwise, I would rather eat out or tapao some things home to eat. Saves all that trouble of preparing, cooking and cleaning up. I love the look of your beef soup. Slurpsss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire your missus' tenacity in the kitchen! I don't have that sort of energy. LOL!

      Delete
  2. My mil has been around so she cooks most of the days. I have been super busy and also fall sick 2 days ago. Thanks to her, I no need to crack my head thinking what to cook and eat. Lol.

    I love the look of the Cajun prawn mantao. No wonder you enjoyed it I remember you had it and posted before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are feeling better now. You are so lucky to have your MIL cook for the family!

      Yes, I have had and blogged about the Cajun Prawn Mantau.

      Delete
  3. I think I would like the cajun prawn mantou, looks yummy. I no longer cook, left the cooking to hubby. He is now expert in soups and I am happy with it because I love soups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soups are very nutritious and delicious. I am also having more soups now. God bless your hubby!

      Delete
  4. Your beef soup at home looks so delicious! Good that you are flexible with your food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's not as good as it looks. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Don't let this be a deterrence for you to drink iced coffee. I've always loved my coffee cold when drinking outside (especially in hot days like these) but they're always served in tall glasses, so there's still a good amount of coffee in it. I've never seen it served in such a short glass like the one you showed (unless it's the angle of your shot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a short glass and I felt as if there was not enough coffee in it. But this afternoon I had it again and it was much better, not as much ice and I enjoyed the coffee!

      Delete