Thursday 29 June 2023

Quarter Duck Not Enough


Yesterday I was thinking about roast duck. So I planned to revisit Twins Signature Roast Duck and get me a quarter duck for lunch.

But before that, let me show you my youngest child.


This morning she kena lokap (again) for being hyper while mommy was trying to tidy up the car porch.


I really cannot tahan, the whining and the running here and there and the attempts to catch the broom while I was sweeping the porch. Then she kept disturbing the garbage bag and jumping inside it. I have no patience for such antics. Just as well I don't have kids. I mean I can't jolly well chuck them into a cage, can I?

Now back to my lunch. Quarter roasted duck and one Kopi O ice kosong.


I did not specify that I wanted the drumstick part but I saw a drumstick on my plate.


As you can see, I added a remark regarding the coffee but again, my coffee was served with sugar added. This time I used the straw to draw out the coffee and sampled it with a spoon. That way, I did not contaminate the coffee.


I think next time, I will have to have a word with the leng chai to make sure the kitchen gets the right order for my coffee. Or else it is wastage for the restaurant. The nice leng chai replaced the coffee for me.


The duck was really good, with crispy skin and moist tender flesh. When I was younger I disliked duck, preferring chicken instead. But I am now a firm fan of roasted duck and I find it superior to chicken.


As I munched my way through the delicious duck, before long it was gone and I felt like I could eat more. Quarter duck macam tak cukup hah..hah..hah...


Shall I order half a duck next time? Maybe half might be too much. I shall bring a container to keep the leftovers. 


After I was done, I walked to The Starling because I wanted to buy bacon. As I was approaching the mall, I heard a faint ruckus, the (high pitched) voices of many people from a distance. It got louder as I took the escalator up to the entrance that leads to Daiso. That's when I traced the source of the noise.


There is a daycare center at Uptown 2 and I saw many kiddies with their minders. I tabik spring (salute) to the people who work at nurseries. You need to have the patience of a saint and a genuine love for children. Me? I will go nuts.


Then I saw more kiddies coming from the mall. I wonder what they were doing there.


At the concourse there is yet again another wedding fair. Siapa nak kawen? A wedding, an activity that will lead to the production of kiddies.


I must say the the dresses are very glamorous.


Look at that! 


Glamer habis!


Ah well, to whomever is getting married, I wish you guys all the very best! 


There was also a Cuckoo promotion and I snapped a photo of this banner featuring Cuckoo ambassadors Dato' Sri Siti Nurhaliza and Lee Minho. There were many promoters circling the area (like vultures) and I quickly cabut before they could approach me.

Dinner that evening was same old same old.


Beef trimmings, extra crispy because these were very fatty.

Well, I look forward to my next roast duck treat.


In fact this morning I offered to Grabfood duck rice to my parents but dad didn't want any and mum opted for fried meehoon instead. They don't know what they are missing hah..hah..hah...

To my Muslim friends, Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha! And to everyone, happy holidays!

16 comments:

  1. quarter duck memang tak cukup. I once bought half duck from a mobile kiosk and had it for a meal, without any rice. But i was bored halfway thru (jst meat, without any other dish/veggie), so there was some remaining. I had finished more than a quarter duck then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you agree with me heh..heh... I know what you mean, not as interesting as eating it with rice and veggies.

      Delete
  2. I like that last one, the wedding dress with sleeves, all covered up. Dunno why most wedding dresses, bare here, bare there...like the bride is going to do a striptease show or what! Not when she is going to go to church! I'm old school, very kotak - I'd surely frown on it!
    Your duck looks so good, so moist. I went and tried the pipa duck at that Ipoh franchise. Quite disappointing. Blogpost on it coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...I am conservative too. Don't like all the exposed skin but some ladies like to flaunt it. Ah, too bad about your disappointing pipa duck.

      Delete
  3. I support you getting half a duck next time and bringing any remaining duck home in your own container. Very good that you have devised a way to test taste the coffee without contaminating it. πŸ‘ Thumbs up for you. Yay!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will bring my container along with me.

      Delete
  4. Hehehehe about Kittie Kat. She is just so cute despite many people think that she is not pretty. Better be safe in lokap than to kacao mommy cleaning the porch. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for recommending Seoul Classic in uptown. Today I went there and ate the 10 banchan, so so satisfying. Yes! Yums! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ€€πŸ€€I ordered iced cold noodles as the main dish which is iced cold in sourish soup, so so appetising. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ€€πŸ€€ I also ordered seafood pancake. The ambiance is very nice too. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that! In fact I read your post this morning but haven't comment yet.

      Delete
  6. I love roast duck. But for now I won't be enjoying roast duck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Later on when your appetite improves, you can enjoy roast duck again.

      Delete
  7. I like roasted duck, my father bought that to me (& my siblings) since I was small during special occasions. If I want to, I think I can eat half a bird too, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father used to buy for us too but at that time, I did not like duck. I used to think, what is so special about it? Now I know LOL!

      Delete
  8. If you have a child, you will so sayang you won't want to put her/him into lokap...lol. Poor kitty is going to be a very confused cat...she'd be thinking some days I can get into the house (but into lokap lah) and other days I get locked out.

    When I was younger, we didn't get (and couldn't afford) to eat duck coz that is a much more pricier meat than chicken. Hah..hah..they gave you the drumstick part so that they can charge you more coz that part is (usually) pricier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, my poor child hah..hah..hah.. Well, sometimes I feel sorry for Kittie but if I let me run wild inside the house I will feel very stressed out. So it is best that she stays out and I continue to love her like that. LOL!

      Oh no, they charged me for the normal quarter. That's why I was puzzled when I saw the drumstick.

      Delete