Wednesday 7 June 2023

Too Sweet Too Salty

This morning I was so rajin that I air fried a piece of pork loin. Not only that, I made hard boiled eggs.


That is supposed to be for my lunch at the office. But at around 8:00am, I felt hungry. Oh..oh... So I ate hah..hah... So that was breakfast instead of lunch.

I think I was hungry because I did not eat enough meat at dinner yesterday. Dinner was sup tulang and as you know, there are more bones than meat.


I like to overdose my soup with loads of aromatics (daun sup and spring onion). But no, this sup tulang is not as good as what you eat at the restaurant. Not enough spices and not enough onions. I will do better next time.

And then at almost 2:00pm, my stomach was hungry again. Haiz! So in keeping with carb restriction, I went to The Red Kettle and had the Pomegranate Smoked Salmon Salad


It was a very pretty salad, so colorful! This salad contains smoked salmon, pomegranate, quinoa, avocado, chickpeas, lava egg, pickled blueberries, almonds, chia seeds, orange, grilled broccoli, mesclun greens and ponzu dressing. I also noted ulam raja leaves.


The ponzu dressing - very sorry, I did not like it. It was so so sweet. So I used very little of it. And the smoked salmon was very very salty, even when eaten with the other ingredients. So no more of this salad for me, I will stick to the Grilled Chicken Salad.


Yesterday on my walkabout, I spotted this blood red Adenium


Then I spotted another flower.


This I know from Nancy's blog as Cranberry Hibiscus. It is indeed a very pretty flower.


This Adenium is from my garden, not very red.


What is very red though is my Hibiscus which looks like a pom pom. 


This morning my fatty bom bom was fast asleep on my sofa.


Little Kittie Kat did not come home this morning. I wonder where she is and if she is OK. Fingers crossed I see her this evening. 

9 comments:

  1. I love your eggs...with the soft runny yolks. I give you 100%, perfegg score!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The compliment should go to the people in the kitchen at The Red Kettle LOL!

      Delete
  2. Ah, thanks for the warning about the too salty salmon and too sweet ponzu dressings. Will avoid this dish at red kettle. Ah, so girl didn't go out last night? Belle looks so relax. I too have my fingers crossed that little Kittie Kat can find her way home and not get lost. 🀞🀞🀞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kittie Kat did come home after all. Naughty kitty!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, a salad with a sweet dressing is really hard to take. Yikes, they must have oversalted the salmon before smoking. >.< P/S: Hopes Kittie Kat comes home...but with a cat that you don't call your own own (or show that she's owned by putting a collar on her, then there's always the possibility of someone snatching her away...like my Girl)! >.< So, in this case, the less pretty, cute & adorable the cat is, the less chance of her being snatched away...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Kittie Kat is not particularly good looking, and you are right - no takers! LOL! She came home and I guess I might be stuck with her hah..hah... I don't mind!

      Delete
    2. It could be the dogs catchers. They do catch stray cats too and sent them to cat shelters where they may be pts aka put to sleep if the cat shelters are full and no adopters.

      Delete
  4. I like to eat my salad kosong (if I make it myself) or perhaps a soft boiled egg/onsen egg to add moist to the dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays I don't need as much dressing as I used to, Just a bit of dressing and I am all right with the salad.

      Delete