Friday 23 June 2023

Spiking My Insulin Again

This has got to stop. If not, lama-lama I have to change my blog name to PH The Uptown Ranger or PH's Uptown Eats or something like that. Mana ada carnivore? Betul tak?

I am back to craving carbohydrates when I am under stress. Today's stress is due to a tax audit which I was asked to assist. There were two tax audits and the first one was settled already as it was a clean case and my client's accountant is super duper efficient. I like this type of client.

I generally dislike taxation work but I am roped in because I can speak (fluently) and write (proficiently) in Bahasa Malaysia. By the way, my client's super duper accountant is also very proficient in Bahasa Malaysia so there is less hand holding.

But this other client pulak, adoi. Can I advise you something? When you do your tax submission, please ah, biar betul-betul I tell you. These days Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN) is a lot more sophisticated than they were back in the 80's and 90's. 

When they started the self-assessment system, they also established their tax audit division. And you know what they did? They started recruiting people from audit firms because these people know where to look and what to look for when they review the tax payers accounts. And mind you LHDN pays very well.

In fact many years ago, one tax guru whom I met at a taxation seminar approached me to apply as a trainer for LHDN's tax audit division. But I told him, no. How can I work for the enemy other side? 

Back to the tax audit case. The client was not forthcoming when queried by their tax consultant regarding certain expenses charged to their accounts. So based on the client's representation, the expenses were claimed as tax allowable. And now the LHDN officer raised queries on those expenses and upon digging, alamak! Those expenses are not tax deductible. So you see, don't play play.

So after shooting off the email reply to the tax officer, I had to go and take my stress relief drugs.


Yitcha Kaw Kaw Kopitiam. My drug den. As you can see there is plenty of carbs here and I could hear my insulin spike ding! ding! ding! KABOOM!!!!


Ipoh Sweet Sauce Chee Cheong Fun with Fried Ingredients which came with a fried beancurd sheet and a soup containing a fishball and fried tofu like what I had previously. Except that this time I chose the large portion (4 chee cheong fun rolls instead of 2. Haiz!).


Look at that. Pure carbs and sugar. More deadly addictive than cocaine. That is a lot of CCF. Was it good? No need to ask. The soup was very good, a far cry from what I had on my previous visit.

heh..heh..heh...


The Bursting Kaya Puff and a Mini Kaya Puff for dessert. 


The pastry for the Mini Kaya Puff is not flaky type and the kaya is the brown type. It was all right and my conclusion is that my (one and only) favorite pastry here is still the Bursting Kaya Puff.

Archive photo

Sadly I forgot to put a note to my Kopi C order to say I don't want sugar.  So it was served sickly sweet and I had to abandon it.

On my way back to the office, I stopped by the Kaw Kaw Kopi Truck to get a White Kopi Kaw (no sugar).


I really have to put a stop to this carbo binge tsk! tsk! tsk!


Besides eating all those poisons, writing this blog post has been great stress relief. My pounding headache is practically gone.

Happy Friday everyone!

10 comments:

  1. It's susah when my company kena jackpot from LHDNM! I need to help my accountant to dig out all those old files as reference for the audit and you know what! My accountant sent some wrong documents to them earlier this year and audit request from other departments came in one by one after that, so sui!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, wrong documents lead to more questions! That's why when replying and supplying supporting documents, we have to be careful to avoid salah faham and confusion. I hope no more tax audits after this. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Dunno about the Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN) there but they are very nice here. Any problem, just drop by their office and somebody will help you. These days, everyone has to submit online but if you do there and tell them you do not have internet or you are not tech-savvy, you do not know what to do, they will help you. I do not need to pay income tax for many years now so I do not have to go and see them anymore. Hehehehehe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have improved in leaps and bounds compared to the late 80's and 90's. Their service has improved but there is still room for further improvement. I experience phone calls not being picked up. So frustrating.

      Delete
  3. Wah, what you wrote reminds me of Michelle yeoh's Oscar movie Everything Everywhere All at Once where they got the taxation issue. Did you watch that movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! No, I have not watched that movie.

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha, I know all about carb binges. One day I will go YitCha kaw kaw and binge carb like you did here lolx! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading about that hah..hah...

      Delete
  5. Between the brown-type kaya and pandan kaya, I also prefer pandan kaya. So I know I'll enjoy this bursting kaya puff but must summon all strength to resist getting it....lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is my favorite and I will reserve it for my occasional cheat days hee..hee,,

      Delete