Tuesday 27 June 2023

Porkie Monday


Yesterday I ate out for lunch. I have to start cooking something simple for my (carnivore) lunches because eating out is very pricey.


I thought of having chap fun without rice but when I went to the shop, alamak, it was full house. So I walked over to Rice & Pot Empire to have the Ultimate Pork Indulgence (no rice, no noodles).

The restaurant may look empty but more customers came in and they are usually quite full at around 1:00pm plus.


Since I am not strict, I chose the tomato pork broth. How I wish there were more coriander leaves in the soup.


As usual, I removed the meat so that they can cool down.


The broth is not as robust as it used to be and as for the meat, it was on the dryish side, not tender and moist. It looks like standards have dropped while the prices have increased. But I did get a discount of RM1.50 because I requested for no  rice/noodles. This meal cost me RM33.80. 


Meanwhile at The Starling, Bookxcess has downsized.


Their Mandarin section (which used to house Madeleine Cafe) has shut down. I wonder who will occupy this space. This floor is rather quiet.


Meanwhile at the food court, Triple Happiness and Teow Chew Meng will be opening shop. Teow Chew Meng used to operate at the very same spot until they shut down (can't remember when) but it looks like they are making a come back.


Kittie Kat is thriving and still driving mommy nuts. She is very hyper and sometimes I cannot tahan hah..hah...


Yesterday morning I was pleasantly surprised to see her and her jie-jie Girl snacking together. Girl is more tolerant of the little one while Belle Belle is still very hostile.

Now dinner.


Pork loin, air fried.


I added garlic because I love garlic.


I am pleased that I have been carnivore for 3 days running with no (major) deviations.


Today was also the same but you will see what I ate in tomorrow's post. 

10 comments:

  1. Your air-fried pork loin sure looked a whole lot nicer than what you had outside. Tomato broth sure does not sound like my kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The broth does not have a the overly strong tomato smell which is why I like it. Not too tart as well.

      Delete
  2. I am surprised you really could walk until Rice & Pot Empire so faraway!! Good exercise that kept you so slim and shapely. Should I tag the young boss again to read your post so that he will give you a big bunch of coriander leaves!!

    Cats normally take longer than dogs to become good buddies. Soon the 3 will share the same food tray. Mummy will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes! Yes! I want a big bunch of coriander leaves wahahaha!!! Girl is OK, unlike Belle Belle who hisses and growls whenever she sees Kittie Kat. My partner always tells Belle Belle off for doing that. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Oh, you have three cats now! So nice of you to adopt them.... my furry member has passed on and I will not be adopting anymore, it does more harm to them since I am always not there for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so sorry to hear that your furry friend has passed on. I will have to face that reality one day and I hope that I won't be too emotional.

      Delete
  4. Good that you are back eating the way you wanted to. Girl is so sweet to Kittie Kat. Maybe Kittie Kat thinks Girl is her cat mommy. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Kittie Kat tends to follow her around but at the same time remains cautious because Girl bullies her sometimes. Haiz!

      Delete
  5. It's good that the shop gives discount for omitting the rice/noddles which many restaurants don't do that =.="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised because they did not do that previously.

      Delete