Monday 26 June 2023

A Carnivore Again


That's it. No more messing around. I am back on track with the carnivore diet. I started Saturday and Sunday I picked up some beef from Aeon. I told my partner that I am going to "chiak goobak" (eat beef).

To keep myself accountable (I am accountable to no one but myself) I will post my daily meals. 


This was obviously not a good idea. Beef cubes meant for rendang/curry/stew. But I thought what the heck.


I air fried both packets (meant for two meals) after seasoning the meat. I also added a few garlic cloves. Of course the meat was on the chewy side. This cut is meant for braising. Could be good for soup too.


I also picked up beef trimmings. I noted that lately the beef trimming are very fatty. Not that I mind, I did the same thing - seasoned the meat and air fried the whole lot with garlic.


This is also meant for two servings, lunch and dinner.


I loved it!


This was lunch, a combo of the beef cubes and trimmings.


This was my lunch two Sundays ago.


A ribeye steak, bacon, a bit of leftover beef trimmings and two eggs. Suffice to say, I did not have any bloating and passed no gas. LOL!

10 comments:

  1. I don't mind thinly sliced beef in clear soups or chunks in beef stews...but not into grilled steaks and the like. Not even a fan of beef satay, prefer lamb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like beef satay but sometimes the meat can be tough and that really spoils it.

      Delete
  2. Hi PH, before I logged into your blog just now, I was thinking whether you were still into carnivore... and when I saw your theme, yes, you still are! Wow... I really have to salute.. I don't think I can live on meat and meat alone... myself old fashioned type, must have meat, vege.. and soup if possible.. but I am so lazy these days, either I use Grab in or grab out... or just boil soup to last throughout the day... LOL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Claire! Long time didn't hear from you. Yes, still carnivore after deviating for a few months (and getting back some old health issues). I know, not easy for most people to stomach. But I am not that strict, so I will still eat normal food from time to time. I also Grabfood sometimes. So convenient for those lazy days. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Oh, back to carnivore eating, are we? That means my eyes can't "feast" on attractive food again (to my eyes only lah) until your next carb binge...hehehe! ;D Of course some carnivore food will always look attractive...like steak, bacon & eggs...kekeke. P/S: Yeah, those beef trimmings are all fat. If not for carnivore eating, what would people do with such fatty trimmings? If you make soup, the soup will be so, so oily (to me)....bluek! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes! Back to my meat eating ways. Not to worry, I will eat normal food from time to time. I don't plan on being 100% super strict. Must live life a bit LOL! Those trimmings are not good for soup, as your said bluek! They are only good for grilling. My brother sent me a video of satay made with beef fat! That was in Kelantan I think.

      Delete
  4. The beef steak looks really good πŸ‘ πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ Will be very expensive to eat your yummy beef steak in eateries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely cannot afford to eat beef steak at the restaurant frequently. That's why I am checking out the cheaper cuts.

      Delete
  5. I got a pack of the beef cubes last week and braised it with carrot, onion and celery two days ago, but 1 pack was not really sufficient for my family. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, you need to cook 2 packets! One packet I can eat by myself hah..hah...

      Delete