Sunday 18 June 2023

Lunch With My Other Brother

On Thursday when I was at the hospital with mum, my other brother, the older of my two younger brothers, dropped by to see our dad.

At the end of the visit, he offered to give us a ride and take us to lunch. Mum seemed very pleased. I guess she has not eaten out in a long while and this was an opportunity to eat at a restaurant. 

My brother suggested lunch at The Starling since it is a convenient location.  When it came to where to eat, since mum and brother had no preference, I suggested The Red Kettle. We were there smack in the thick of lunch hour but we managed to get a table.


As usual, a Flat White for me.


A Latte for mum.


And an Iced Americano for my brother. I took the photo after he had taken a big sip.

At first mum thought of having The Really Big Breakfast that she always sees on my blog. But she changed her mind because it was late in the day and she wanted to make sure that she had stomach space for dinner. 


So mum copied my order and had the Grilled Chicken Salad.


My brother had the Fish and Chips.


Well, it has been a long time since we took mum out for makan, so many thanks to my brother for the lunch treat. After lunch, I walked back to the office but not before lecturing (hah..hah..) my brother to please walk closely with mum and to make sure that she gets into the house safely. "Yes, BOSS!!" was his response to his big sister hah...hah...


That morning, Girl kept a close watch on Kittie Kat.


The poor thing ran away to hide. Can you spot her?


Meanwhile, that evening Belle Belle went upstairs to settle down for the evening. For the past few evenings, she did not come inside.


She looked so sian like that hee..hee...

14 comments:

  1. The fish and chips look good. I see there is calamari, sotong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, that was not calamari but onion rings LOL! My mum also thought it was sotong >.<

      Delete
  2. Wow! I missed the chance to meet your gang as I had lunch at Red Kettle on Tuesday. I ate their cheese pork burger. I love the menu and casual seating there with friends.

    Cats are always unpredictable and less emo than dogs. I'm still weighing which pet is suitable for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adoi! We missed the opportunity to bump into you! Better luck next time LOL!

      For me, I thinks cats are easier to manage.

      Delete
  3. Why Kittie Kat went to hide??

    The fish n chip looked good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kittie was hiding from Girl who likes to kacau her LOL!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I wasn't aware that there's a YB3 since (I think) I've only heard you mention about YB1 & YB2. P/S: You're lucky that all your cats are female, so leaving them out for the night is not a problem. If they were male (and leaving them outside) will expose them to a lot of fights and you'll find them returning with a lot of injuries. The poor stray ginger cat has to endure that every day and night...and he has gotten so many injuries. It sucks to be a male kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, mana ada YB3? I only have two younger brothers hah..hah.. That's terrible for male kitties. I had no idea that they always get into fights. Poor ginger. Eh, that reminds me of Prince Harry hah..hah..hah...

      Delete
    2. Oops, my bad...wrong interpretation. It was the way you said it..."my OTHER brother, the older of my two younger brothers" that made me think there was a 3rd brother...lol!

      Delete
    3. Ah, I can see how that caused confusion! I meant to say the "other" brother meaning not the one I mention more frequently (the foodie brother, who is the younger of the two).Perhaps I should have said "my other younger brother" LOL!

      Delete
  5. Good that your brother gave your mom and you a treat. Kittie Kat knows big sister Girl is going to discipline her so she went to hide. Ah, Belle Belle finally returned to her indoor bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Kittie Kat has to be on the lookout for her two big sisters. Belle Belle is very hostile towards her, she growls like a monster!

      Delete
  6. The last 2 photos of Belle Belle, looked funny LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...I also think she looked funny.

      Delete