Wednesday 21 June 2023

Dolsot Bibimbap @ Seoul Classic, Damansara Uptown

Today I planned to return to Ajuuma and past 12:00pm I was there. All the big tables were taken by office workers eager for lunch.

I took the small table and I noticed that the lone server was busy attending to the delivery riders. There were loads of orders and more coming in. Understandably, he was not able to attend to me immediately. So I waited.

Then a couple stepped in and took the table in front of me. Shortly after, they were given the menu and QR code. Eh, what about me? I came in first, didn't I? The server signaled for me to wait (which meant he was aware of my presence).

Then a young man stepped in and took a vacant table. He was also given a menu and QR code. I was really annoyed by this time. I am a returning customer and yet I was ignored. The server seemed oblivious and continued buzzing around attending to this and that.

That was it. I walked off, pissed! So you can be sure I will not return to Ajuuma. Ever. So I walked over to Yitcha Kaw Kaw Kopitiam to try my luck. They were full (as expected) and I was asked to queue. Forget it. So I walked to Seoul Classic.


There were still tables available and service was very quick.


There you go, the banchan for the day.


Then another two other side dishes of grilled chicken and soup followed suit.


After a short wait, the Dolsot Bibimbap was served (I could hear it sizzling!) in a proper Korean bowl.


This whole lot cost me RM26.40 and the drink is freeflow on the house. The Bibimbap at Ajuuma cost me RM25.90. So you tell me, which is more worth it.

This.

All this at Seoul Classic for RM26.40 and drink is on the house.

Or this?

At Ajuuma. Bibimbap is RM25.90 and the drink is RM4.00.

Well. I rest my case. Thank you to the Ajuuma server who ignored me. I ate a better Bibimbap which was value for money. 


So you bet, if I want Korean, this is where I will come to.


The prices here are reasonable and you get better food and better service.

9 comments:

  1. Aha!!! Serves them right or maybe fate brought you to eat better dishes!! I am a bit like you where good service is very important. Even the best airlines with good on flight meals but bad service have lost many passengers forever esp in US.

    I have been eating Dolsot Bibimbap for years now and it's very satisfying. Sedap giler!!

    I always avoid lunch hour crowds by eating too early or much later but you have no choice. I often encountered my orders being messed up or overlooked during rush hours. When I accidentally ate the wrong servings placed in front of me, they had the cheek to ask me whether wanna pay for the wrong orders?? I have learnt to say TAK MAHU!! If I agreed, it served them the hassles to report and confess to their bosses later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Padan muka, right? hah..hah..hah.... It was a blessing in disguise.

      I try to avoid lunch hour too but that day I had to attend to some urgent matters, so I had to settle my lunch at that hour. I have been served incorrect order too but so far did not "termakan" the wrong order. LOL!

      Delete
  2. At least you got your Korean cuisine in the end, but definitely you wouldn't going back to Ajuuma anytime soon. Wonder why the server ignored you?? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a better one at that! I wonder about that too. What did I do to him? LOL!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I hate it too when I'm ignored and someone gets served first even though I arrived first (same thing with food being served first to someone who came later). Once I can tolerate...but 3 times! Sometimes the workers they hire cause the demise of their business.

    This one has the same bimbibap...with 9 banchan, grilled chicken, soup, free drink and better service...why would someone want Ajuuma? Yet this one is not busy and have seats...strange.....must be down to the taste? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you should blog about restaurant pet peeves. LOL! Ajuuma is fairly new and hence draws in the crowds. If they are not careful, they may not last very long. When I was at Seoul Classic, many customers came in as I was having my meal. They have a following and I hope they do well enough to stay in business.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I hate it when customers came later than me but got their service or food earlier. >_< The banchan alone won hands down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's terrible and it always makes me angry!

      Delete
  5. Ah, missed your this post. Wah, so many side dishes given by Seoul Classic. Now I feel like having Korean cuisine after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete