Tuesday 29 August 2017

Spare Parts Noodles


I discovered a noodle shop, Wan Xiang Noodles@Damansara Uptown, but never took the initiative to step inside. This shop is located along the shop houses where The Ship is. My brother also took notice of this eatery and after our dinner at The Ship, we walked in.


We were greeted by a young lady and she obliged when we requested to view the menu.

Photo credit : Zomato.com

Photo credit : Zomato.com

We were informed that the noodles served here are Sarawak style noodles. You select your noodles which you can have dry or with soup and then decide if you want meat with internal organs or just meat and meatballs.

We liked what we saw as we are fans of spare parts, in particular, liver.

We thanked the young lady and told her that we would be back. And I did just that the very next day.


I decided to have the soup (even thought I prefer dry noodles) with all the works and asked for extra liver.


My loaded bowl of noodles. The meat is so white. Like fish meat.


Look at that! Liver and intestines. Disgusting?


The chili sauce has got ginger in it, something like the chicken rice chili sauce.


I wasn't too thrilled with the soup because it lacked oomph. But still, I was quite happy to have my fill of the unmentionables. 


Soon the place filled up outside and I noticed some customers having the dry noodles.


So I came back the next day to have some.


I liked the black sauce, savory and sweetish. Nice.


Unlike the previous day, the soup tasted very good. I must say that I enjoyed the dry noodles better than the soupy one.

Now Wan Xiang Noodles joins my list of pit stops for cheat days. Yay! (Ooops...I had three cheat days in a row!)

20 comments:

  1. Now, THIS I would love to have. I think it originates in Sabah, the so-called konlou mee is a dead giveaway. We call it kolo mee here. In fact, we do have a place here serving this too and doing very well and yes, they're from Sabah.
    https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/raw/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it and will stop by from time to time!

      Delete
  2. Eeeerr. Not for me. No spare parts. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this shop. Intestines and livers are yummy! I think Sabah sang yuk pork mee is this style too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love all the livers with lotsa chiily. It is good for health.

    #PHmakanBABI #HatiSedapGiler

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need wait for cheat day, you can have meat soup without noodles :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love liver, i can tolerate intestines, but i dislike kidney ... so i'm glad your bowl has no kidneys, heheh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I happen to like kidney as well but they have to be properly cleaned or else taste like urine. Ughs!

      Delete
  7. Sang Nyuk Meen or Sabah Pork Noodles speciality is their super soft lean pork (aka the whitish looking pork) as they're coated in a cornflour slurry to make them extra tender. I only like their super tender pork slices but not so much their broth which is a lot more subtle than our version of pork noodles. I like to eat their meehoon dry style which is different from ours (coarser)...and I do love liver, intestines and stomach but not kidney! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, is that why they are so white. I was suspicious, I thought they bleached it hah..hah.. Agreed, their broth is lacking in flavor.

      Delete
  8. This is hubby's favourite but not mine! He he he...no spare parts for me but maybe I will request to add egg for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. spare parts not to everyone's liking.

      Delete
  9. Wah!Wah!Wah!.... PH, I thought you are on diet? Isn't a few entries before you translated for me errr... what is the word huh? Something about mixed rice but instead of rice, you just had veggies? No more diet huh? Good! Good! Welcome back to our club; enjoy eating. You want to have 7-day cheat days also no problem. I will support you ~_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kantoi! MD, I am back to eating chap fan with no rice. You know why? Because seluar I ketat >.<

      Delete