Tuesday 7 May 2024

Meaty Monday

Monday I ate out at lunch time. Now I head to the chicken rice stalls at the kopitiams for a more affordable carnivore meal.


On my way to Damansara Jaya, I noticed that Choy Kee was closed. So my next option was Yu Yiee.

As usual I ordered the chicken drumstick, char siew and siew yoke.


This time I remembered to request for no sauce for the char siew.


The char siew was fatty and was just as good without sauce added.


I also enjoyed the siew yoke.


The chicken was all right.


For dinner I air fried a strip of pork belly.


Of course the skin was not crispy and I don't mind it being chewy. Good workout for my jaws.


This was accompanied by a serving of homemade kimchi. My kimchi making has improved and this batch was pretty good hee..hee...


There you have it. My dinner of air fried pork belly and kimchi washed down with a mug of warm bone broth.

***Kitten Updates***


That's my new pair of slippers to replace the ones that were clawed and bitten. Poodie and TuTu don't seem interested in those slippers. Maybe they don't like the "new" smell.


Then they realized that Ah Ma was snapping pictures of them.


This is the Kat family having their early morning chow - from left to right - TuTu, Poodie, Ah Boi and Kittie Kat.

7 comments:

  1. Ah, if we don't want to eat any noodles and no rice, we also will just eat the meat from roast meat stalls. Nice photo of the whole family having their early morning meal. 👍 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't try air fry my pork belly. Been saying that since last year. Lol. Haven't got chance to use my air fryer for that. Usually I use my flip pan to grill pork belly.

    Yummy meat, I also like roasted pork belly. Crispy skin with some fatty part on the meat. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was not crispy skin but OK lah, still got teeth to chew hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. Loving all the whitish pork belly, char siew and siew yuk that you had. Usually when I eat my chicken, I will ask for boneless be it drumstick or thigh or breastmeat, if such service is available. Where are the rice? I will sure go hungry in an hour or two without rice. Oh kimchi, I had learned how to appreciate kimchi after I came back from Korea. Lol on the stunned look of the kittens when they realised that ah ma was trying to take pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute of them drinking water in a row. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...they were eating their breakfast.

      Delete