Thursday 2 May 2024

My Second Lunch

Last Saturday after lunch at Mr Thai Street Food, I was still hungry. Oh dear, dear!

So after my brother dropped me off at the office, I made my way to Red Kettle. I have not been there for many months owing to my tight budget. Now that I can breathe again, it is time to revisit.


The front half of the restaurant was fully occupied, so I had to sit at the back (on the raised platform). I chose to sit facing inside or else I would feel as if I was sitting on a podium facing the diners at the lower level.


Ah! I haven't had a good cup of coffee in ages! This was divine. Most divine!


This is my Grilled Chicken Salad. I wouldn't call this a naughty meal since it is not carb heavy.


There is protein in the form of this egg with runny yolks.


And a good portion of very tasty grilled chicken. And then there is the salad greens and some starchy vegetables.


This was a very good salad except that they served this wedge of discolored (oxidized) avocado. I should complain but I didn't make a fuss. It is still edible, just not presentable.


This meal was neither too heavy nor too light, so it served its purpose in filling me up very nicely.

***Kitten Updates***


TuTu loves to play with my shoes.


TuTu, what are you trying to do? 


She is clearly enjoying this.


Poodie joined in the fun.


Ah Boi too. There goes my shoes. It is very hard to get angry with them because they are so cute. Haiz!

8 comments:

  1. Ah, I find that if I eat rice with food with gravy, I cannot do Omad, will get hungry quite fast. Ah, food at red kettle is nice so I am happy that they are now available at the gardens mall nearer to me. The 3 kiddies are the same size as your shoes now, hahaha 👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's Grandma's shoes :) must whack them nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah... they are too cute to be whacked!

      Delete
  3. The problem with avocados is that they oxidise rather quickly after they're cut, so this was obviously cut too soon. Your salad looks tasty. Lol....I see that they're treating your shoe as their 4th sister. Kittens like to wrestle and kick one another with their hind legs in a playful manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My poor shoes! TuTu thinks that the shoelace is alive as she loves to play with it. She even jumps in horror (with her tail hairs bristled) when the shoelaces spring back at her. LOL!

      Delete
  4. I you didn't mention it was avocado, I would have thought it was sweet potato..... >_<

    ReplyDelete