Sunday 23 October 2022

Air Fryer Chicken Liver

I was suddenly hit by a craving for chicken liver today. I love hati ayam  and this is something I have not eaten for a long time.

So this morning during my grocery run at Aeon with my lahling, I went looking for chicken liver.


I picked up one packet and back home I rinsed and drained them well.


I know that some people dislike liver but I love it.


I used this seasoning plus a dash of turmeric powder to season the chicken livers.


I also drizzled the chicken livers with the fat rendered from cooking beef trimmings.


Then I fired up the air fryer at 180C for 8 minutes.


After 8 minutes, obviously the chicken livers were not not fully cooked.


I flipped the chicken livers and upped the temperature to 200C and continued the cooking for another 5 minutes.


This was the result.


It looks like there were still some blood, so I added another 1 minute to the cooking time.


The chicken livers were cooked just right, very creamy on the inside, just the way I like it nyum!!! They tasted so good and of course, I could not finish the whole lot. So I kept the leftovers. 

I also ate these today.


 Lamb cutlets.


They were so good especially the crispy bits of fat. Crispy lamb and creamy liver - what a good lunch!

6 comments:

  1. I prefer beef or pork liver but I don't mind chicken liver either, the way the Malays cook it...like rendang. Will buy from their nasi campur stalls, RM3 a lot already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had pork liver a couple of weeks ago. I love it too.

      Delete
  2. What else did you eat today for your two meals a day? I love to eat beef, pork, duck and chicken livers. Never eaten foie gras and won't eat it due to some propaganda about it. If lack of red blood cells, it is recommended to eat beef livers. I can imagine it is so tasty since you say it is creamy! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so full after lunch that I only had a bit of yogurt in the evening. I ate foie gras before and I don't like it because the taste was not nice to me.

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of all sort of liver, included the luxurious foie gras... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see! I happen to love liver and organs.

      Delete