Thursday 27 October 2022

Air Fryer Daging Goreng Kunyit

My air fryer is really busy these days. I use it practically everyday. 

I also make it a point to clean the top part of the air fryer (where the heating element is located) once a week before the grease and dirt build up over time.

It is quite difficult to clean this part of the air fryer because the space up there is very tight and it is not easy to get into every nook and cranny. I just do the best I can.

So. Daging Goreng Kunyit. Now that I am quite happy with the convenience of the air fryer, I am not so inclined to fry beef using a wok on the stove.

And as usual, I love using beef trimmings and perhaps in future I will use other cuts of beef. For seasoning it is simply salt, turmeric powder and garlic powder. You can also add some curry powder for extra uummphh!

Then I put a layer of curry leaves and sliced shallots (leftovers from making crispy fried shallots) in the air fryer basket.


Yes, I line the air fryer basket with a layer of aluminum foil and baking paper to avoid mess and to make clean up easier.


Then place the seasoned beef pieces on top of the curry leaves and shallots.


After 10 minutes at 200C, it looked like this. I sort of stirred the beef around and continued cooking for another 5 minutes.


The curry leaves are all crisped up and the shallots wilted and slightly browned, adding a lot of fragrance to the dish.


So there you have it. Fuss free Daging Goreng Kunyit in 15 minutes with minimum clean up.

Note : The beef trimmings I used have fatty parts that contribute fats to the dish. If using leaner cuts, mix the meat with some oil.

14 comments:

  1. Looks very tasty. πŸ˜‹ I would eat 3 pieces as well. Would you be doing the same to muttons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will cooking any mutton hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. That looks good!!! I imagine eating it with sambal belacan. Slurpsss!!!! Droolworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read an ayam goreng kunyit post....and now a daging goreng kunyit from you pulak (but you know me, I don't eat beef trimmings coz they're too fatty). I hardly order daging goreng kunyit (always get the ayam version) coz the few times I've had it, the beef turned out very chewy. P/S: That's the reason why I'm still procrastinating on getting an air fryer...the cleaning part (as I've also heard from choiyen that the top part gets greasy and it's difficult to clean). Even my oven needs a thorough cleaning (black bits are falling into my food). That's the problem when using heat to cook food, the splatters get ingrained into the gadget. Know of any petua how to clean the oven? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My auntie has a petua. Let me recall - she said cut half a lemon and squeeze the juice into a microwave safe bowl. Then place the bowl and the squeezed lemon into the oven a microwave for a few minutes. After that, wipe the oven and repeat if necessary. I think the whole idea is to infuse the lemon juice all over the inside of the oven and it will help to cut through the grease and dirt. But for ovens that have been neglected for too long (like mine hah...hah...) it won't be as effective to clean out stubborn dirt..

      Delete
    2. Oh, thanks for the petua. I'll give it a try but think it might not work since my oven has also been neglected (like yours) for far too long. I think I did that once a long time ago but the food splatters get ingrained into the oven like it would to a non-stick baking tray (I've seen Jamie Oliver's cooking shows where he uses trays like that as well....lol) >.<

      Delete
    3. Well, you can keep in mind the petua if you buy a new oven (me too). Ah, I have seen Jamie Oliver's baking tray with and those things stuck to it. Adds more flavor, maybe. LOL!

      Delete
  4. I could imagine it would taste yummilicious!! The fatty part added more flavour to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good and I love the fatty parts!

      Delete
  5. I still don't have an air fryer but my girlfriends rave about theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a new appreciation for my air fryer!

      Delete
  6. I think I'll use your air fryer method if I cook ayam goreng kunyit again. :-)

    ReplyDelete