Thursday 13 October 2022

Another One Bites The Dust?

Hello. Hello. This is your Damansara Uptown correspondent reporting from The Starling hah..hah..hah...


I saw this today. Mr Tuk Tuk shuttered. This was at 11:30am. Sudah tutup shop kah? Or temporary closure? No sign to say anything.


So I berkepoh-kepoh peeped into the restaurant.


The chairs were all stacked up and some of the tables too. I'll have to check back again.


Meanwhile at the food court, Li Ji Lala Noodle has opened for business. I wanted to snap the menu but shy lah since the uncle is there. Adoi. I shouldn't be calling people uncle. Tak sedar diri aku ni heh..heh...heh...


There is also a new kiosk, BeaverTails pastry. It appears to be some sort of fried dough. Must be nice, fried dough is very nice but it's not something I can eat. Not right now anyway.


Elsewhere there is this new shop, The Green Party, Living Collections.


They sell very cute stuff.


Usually these cute things, the price is not so cute. 


These are obviously not cute, at Daiso, for Halloween.


My grandma would not approve and neither will I.


At the concourse, Book Xcess is having a sale with 50% to 80% discount off all books. I didn't walk inside. I have too many books already.


Do you like these type of comic books?


I used to love them.


If we wanted any of these, we would have to fork it out from our pocket money.


No free ride from our parents, part of our education on "money doesn't grow on trees". 


 I came upon this beautiful kolam.


It's a pity I could not take this picture from a height or else it would look much nicer.


There will be some food posts soon.


A sneak peek into my air fryer pizza hee..hee...

16 comments:

  1. Not crazy about Mr Tuk Tuk - went to an outlet in Miri. That's the thing about franchises - ok, not too bad but not quite there. I'd love a few of those owl cushions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time I had food from there, it was not as good as before.

      Delete
  2. Mr Tuk Tuk is still there in midvalley mall/the gardens mall. Thanks for the update on starling mall, don't think I will be going there anymore since pavilion Bukit Jalil is nearer and more concerned to visit. Ah, your 14 days of feasting must involved the air fryer a lot I am guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love comic books but not the marvel type, I like the Beano, they are hardly on sale now. Those days, I borrowed, no such thing as buying, too costly that time. So you can do pizza on an air fryer? Wow, I want to know how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loved Beano and Beezer! I used to buy those using pocket money. So nostalgic.

      Delete
  4. There is one Mr Tuk Tuk shop here, been there once. I think it is still around

    Beautiful kolam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute soft toys. No, I too won't approve of the Halloween toys, not even for adults. Those days I only get to read borrowed comic books. Ah yes, I need to get the air fryer....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Air fryer is quite a useful tool. I also use it to reheat food.

      Delete
  6. thanks for reporting the updates from Starling mall & Damansara Uptown area...LOL! unfortunately, i seldom go there....nevertheless i will check out the similar outlets in IOI City mall coz i believe this 'so-called Malaysia biggest mall' would have that now...kihkihkih....Looking forward to your food posts! The last photo is so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour of the Kolam is so vibrant, the one I saw at other mall was a bit pale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other day I happened to walk past Mr Tuk Tuk and the staff put a barricade with notice saying "We are closed for upgrading". There were few last customers still eating their last meals. I thought they were upgrading by changing light bulbs or chasing rats away. Mana tau it's really shut down for long renovation. I always disliked their layout because it trapped the flow of noisy diners inside there. I think they had too much glass panels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see! Renovation and not tutup shop hee..hee.. I agree with you! I also do not like their layout, very "luan" and not enough lighting.

      Delete