Friday 14 October 2022

What I Have Been Eating Lately

I had the intention of documenting my 90 Day Fat Loss Challenge (Feasting & Fasting Challenge) but it looks like I failed to do so. Big Time.

I have completed the 14 days Priming, which is essentially eating 3 times a day (with a snack thrown in during the first week and no snacks in the second week). All carnivore foods of course.

The whole idea of priming is to "overeat" in a good way, basically to nourish your body and to reach saturation point where you get so sick of food and you will be ready to fast. This is ideal for people who have been restricting themselves for years and are unable to receive the correct hunger and satiety signals.

Yes, I had a hard time eating 3 meals a day because I am not used to eating breakfast and I have been practicing fasting prior to this experience. But I made it though I was not 100% on point because I skipped breakfast on 2 days.


I was thinking of baked pasta and I made a baked something out of minced beef, eggs, sausages and cheese.


It turned out not too bad although it needed more salt.


This is air fryer pork belly which turned out really good. I don't have anymore pork belly in the freezer and when I get a fresh delivery, I'll do this again and share the recipe.


My cake pan with removable bottom came in handy for this ad hoc pizza. I used beef salami as the base and simply topped with shredded cheese and sliced sausages.


I baked this in the air fryer at 200C for 10 minutes. It's a nice change from steaks. 


This is my favorite air fryer beef trimmings. Just season with salt and turmeric and cook in the air fryer at 200C for 12 minutes. Nice and crispy.


This is macam mixed grill - lamb cutlets, beef burger patty, beef trimmings and a fried egg.


I couldn't finish this meal so I carried forward the leftovers for dinner.


Pork chops! Pan fried and finished off with butter and light soy sauce with loads of pepper.


Finally, steamed egg with topping of stir fried minced pork. I made three batches for my lunch food prep. It can be eaten cold and I love it.

In case you were wondering if I put on any weight after the 14 days feasting, yes I did - only 0.5kg (1 lb). Crazy, right? So you see, overeating carbohydrates and overeating proteins/fats is very different indeed. Had I done 3 meals a day which included carbohydrates, guarantee I would have put on at least 4kg (8 lbs). What a revelation!

I am now starting 2MADs ie 2 meals a day and what a relief!

12 comments:

  1. I never skip breakfast. These days, I may skip dinner - just eat some fruits, no appetite come evening time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So essentially two meals a day. As long as you are getting your daily nutrient requirement for the day, it is fine.

      Delete
  2. You have done very well. I would still crown you as the Carnivore Queen PH. You have shown so much variations on this diet which others could follow. You made it fun and easy. I just spoke to a good friend in Singapore who suffers from chronic diabetes and he chose to follow Keto diet instead of taking medication and jabs. It has been a year and he is proud that he lost much weight and felt healthier. It's high time for me to change my whole lifestyle too. Need more motivation from you. Bring on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Type 2 diabetes can be reversed by observing a low carb diet. Some doctors in Australia are recommending this method for their diabetic patients.

      Delete
  3. Yes, carb makes the different. If you add with exercise plus all those protein intake, I bet it would make a difference as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Meaty dishes indeed! My favourite of your meals here would be the air fryer pork belly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really understand why a diet would make someone overeat and suffer the consequences of being bloated (it's very uncomfortable as I've experienced that before). I think Dr M once said (when asked what is his secret to a long and healthy life) the key is to not eat until you're full....good advice no doubt and I try to emulate that nowadays. When you eat until full, the uncomfortable feeling doesn't come straight away but you'll suffer half or an hour later (sometimes it feels like heartburn or a restriction in your esophagus and you want to vomit...it's not a nice feeling at all). Overeating (be it carbs or proteins/fats) is never a good concept to practise. Nowadays, I practise eating until maybe 70-80% full and I don't feel nauseous or bloated anymore (and the feeling of fullness do come, you just have to wait a little).

    As for not putting on weight when you cut out carbs, that isn't a revelation as the Atkins diet has proved that for decades (and I can vouch for that having been on it myself). Cutting out carbs and sugar has never been my contention about the carnivore diet. It's good that you managed to cut out carbs and sugar from your diet as we know they're not good for us. It's easier said than done as I don't have a strong will like you do...I can do it for a short period of time...and then I relapse...lol! :D All I can do is to try to eat a lot less of it. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "overeating" part is just temporary - for 2 weeks. This is the most misunderstood part of the program and is primarily targeted at individuals who have been on yo-yo diets and restricting themselves for a good number of years, ie undereating. These individuals need to relearn hunger and satiety signals, hence being given the freedom to eat during this phase of the fasting/feasting program. Then they move on to the 2 meals a day, one meal a day and ultimately to longer fasts. Eating during this next phase is until satiety and not bursting point. LOL!

      Of course, the Atkins and low carb diets in general is not a revelation as I (and many other people) have tried it too to much success. However, in my case, many times I "overestimated" my carb intake and the presence of carbs triggers my impulses to eat more (and having one cheat day too many). But that's just me. What I meant by "revelation" is that there is such a contrast (this is particularly relevant for people who have never gone the low carb path and never knew the difference/effects) between a near zero carb way of eating and eating carbs (high or low).

      Delete
  6. Your meals are too meaty for me, i can feel the "meatiness" and feel bloat by just looking at your photos. :P

    ReplyDelete