Wednesday 26 October 2022

BeaverTails, The Starling

The other day I again went for my daily work day walkabout. One of my activities is mall walking which is a pretty good exercise hee...hee...

So I went up (or rather walked up the escalators) to the food court for my daily inspection (as if the Uptown Dato' paid me to do this). Things change rather quickly sometimes and I noted that this stall (next to Pho Real) that I mentioned previously is no more.


Simple Life (vegetarian food) has called it a day.


Now I wonder who will occupy this space.

Then I decided to check out BeaverTails.


The friendly Punjabi gentleman was kind enough to allow this super kepoh auntie to take photos of his cute kiosk. Apparently this BeaverTails is a Canadian franchise.


Well, I do love pastries although I have taken a hiatus from consuming these treats, at the moment. I am sure there are many fans of such desserts, so Damansara Uptown people, come come and sapot! sapot!


They have churros too with chocolate dip and I know someone who loves churros. 


Oh! They also have appam and chapatti. Interesting!


My brother and I are having lunch this weekend and who knows we might nip up here for a treat. We'll see.


Elsewhere at The Starling, there is a coffee place, Zus Coffee.


Then I passed by Toy World.


Do kids still play with toys. These days I see them more engrossed with their parents' phones or tablets. 


They have these kiddie train rides. I have seen a parent and child on one one of these and I wonder if I asked for a ride, they layan or not? Could be good for those super stressful days heh..heh...


Pierre Cardin is having a sales for ladies errr... underthings. I don't know if those prices are considered cheap. I don't wear designer goods.


And oh, I met a green eyed friend outside the mall.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for bringing us on a walkabout starling mall. I would try the apple pie. Enjoy your meal with your brother. I pray that the cat got enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor kitty appears to be old and can see that she has had kittens recently but no kittens spotted there.

      Delete
  2. Nice window shopping. Good exercise. Actually walking in mall is more tiring than actual exercise. Lol. I had a walk in mall early this week. Long time didn't do that and saw some changes in mall too. Some new outlets and now the mall implementing cashless parking payment. Geez. And first time I downloaded the app and do cashless payment, right in the spot. Lol. Never too old to learn new things. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like mall walking because it doesn't feel like exercise hah..hah.. Lucky that you are tech savvy or else would be difficult to do the cashless payment. Old folks may have problems with that.

      Delete
  3. I'd go for the appam and chapatti anytime! Truly Asian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I guess, prefer savory than sweet.

      Delete
  4. The friendly Punjabi gentleman was kind enough to let you take photos of his kiosk hoping that he could make a sale but was sadly disappointed. This aunty take photos only....no buy....lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I help him promote mah....kih..kih...kih....

      Delete
  5. BeaverTails' menu looks far too sweet for me. I use to have a real sweet tooth but have lost it with age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would likely be too sweet for me too.

      Delete
  6. Beaver tail pastry is definitely new to me and perhaps I can pay a visit to Starling Mall this weekend to search for present for my niece's coming birthday AND try the dessert. Apom and Chapati + beaver tail, east meet west combo, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your review hah..hah,,, You will definitely find something nice for your niece at The Starling. And maybe something nice for Sam and yourself too hee..hee...

      Delete