Saturday 22 October 2022

My Favorite Beefy Meal

Ever since becoming carnivore, my life in the kitchen has become incredibly easy and simple. 

No more recipes to follow or washing and chopping vegetables. All I need is prepare one or two proteins which can be easily seasoned with salt and spices. Easy prep and easy clean up.


One of the things I love is beef trimmings. Yeah, you have seen these already many times here. This batch I got from Jaya Grocer and every time I see it on the shelves, I consider myself lucky because these trimmings are not available everyday.

I usually season them with McCormick Season All Seasoned Salt and some turmeric powder.


On this particular day, I decided to add some kaffir lime leaves for added fragrance. Just because these were available from my garden.


Just put the leaves on the baking paper.


Then plonk the seasoned meat on top.


Cook at 200C for 12 minutes.


Very aromatic and I love the crispy edges of the meat.


I poured away the fats released by the meat. In the past, I would have loved this delicious fats mixed with rice. But I have since learnt about the Randle Cycle.

When you eat carbohydrates mixed with fats/oils (eg mee goreng, curry mee etc), the glucose (broken down from carbohydrates) and fats cross inhibit each other from entering our cells for energy production. This results in a pooling of glucose and fats (in the form of triglycerides) in the blood.  

No matter how much insulin is produced, the glucose cannot enter the cells because it is locked out. The glucose in the blood is then transported to the liver to be converted into fats and deposited in our fat cells (adipose tissue). The triglycerides are also transported into the fat cells. That is how we get fat so easily when we eat oily carbs.



Sorry I digress. Please ignore if this is of no interest to you.


So there you have it. My delicious crispy aromatic beef.


It so happened that I had one hard boiled egg in the fridge and I decided to add the egg to this meal.


 So good! And so easy!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I would like to try your beef trimmings dish. I think one to 3 pieces would be enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love tender beef in soup, like the rich and flavourful Korean galbitang...so very nice but I've been advised to stay away from red meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a great job with your egg! Getting to be an eggspert now, eh?

      Delete
    2. You have been given poor advice by an outdated physician. What a pity.

      Delete
    3. I am getting better with eggs!

      Delete
  3. Rarely cook beef at home. Never try that McCormick seasoning. I use its mixed herbs, Italian, chicken seasoning and mint. Now so convenient with air fryer. I also started to use mine more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my air fryer almost everyday now.

      Delete
  4. Seeing your beef reminded me of my son.... he said he will be cooking beef stew one of these days... still procrastinating but hope he will do it very soon! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the lime leaves give the beef the citrusty flavour?

    ReplyDelete