Wednesday 10 April 2019

Other People's Salad Look Nice


You know, I get inspiration from other people when they post the food they prepare for their lunch or dinner, no matter how simple.

Take Nancy's home cooked dinner where she prepared a broccoli tomato salad with Kewpie roasted sesame dressing. I thought that salad looked really nice. And then another day she made broccoli potato salad with the same dressing.

Kewpie roasted sesame dressing is so delicious that it makes any salad taste really good. I always have it in my pantry. Since I was so inspired, I decided that I wanted a salad for dinner with broccoli, potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.


I simply steamed some potatoes, blanched a small head of broccoli and sauteed some Japanese mushrooms. Since I had a few leftover cherry tomatoes, I added them into the salad as well.

When I ate this salad for dinner, I added a piece of roasted pork for protein so that I am satiated or else I will get hungry an hour later. I suck at being a vegetarian >.<


I usually dress my salads quite heavily but I am trying to cut back to learn to enjoy the natural taste of the vegetables. Most of the time I find myself using almost half a bottle of the dressing which is not a good thing. 

Well, I loved my very satisfying salad and having potatoes in there made it all the more enjoyable!

22 comments:

  1. One fine day nanti i nak buat salad jugaklah....lama lama teringin pulak wei hihi...
    I pun nak ikut style u jugak LL, wajiblah masukkan setengah kg protien sekurang kurangnya dlm salad hahaha barulah enjoy kan makan hihi....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? Kalau takde protein, cepat lapar hah..hah...

      Delete
  2. Your salad looks so delicious! You see Nancy's salad is so so tasty and I see both your salads as so so so tasty! Give me both your salad without any sauces/dressings and I will help you to gobble them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No dressing .... I cannot eat like that LOL!

      Delete
  3. Yours look nicer, so colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kewpie is really delicious! I can spread on my toast or ice cream and even drink it. Try it and get twisted like me. Bwahahahaha

    Looking at your salad, suddenly I just realised how easy it is. I could just put everything to steam and throw some leftover chicken meat or sprinkle with bacon bits and kewpie. Yippy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On toast and ice cream? So weird! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Have your tried Kewpie's Thousand Island? I now prefer this to the Roasted Sesame Dressing for its tangy taste. The Sesame Soy Sauce I didn't like at all as I found it too salty and I thought it didn't go so well as a raw salad dressing (maybe better suited with a cooked vegetable salad).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have but somehow it was not to my liking :( I noticed they have other dressings too but I dare not try in case I dislike it. So I only stick to the roasted sesame and sesame soy sauce.

      Delete
  6. I like Kewpie brand too. Especially its roasted sesame dressing.

    Long time I didn't make salad. Mine is simple. Tomato cherry is my must to add into my salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only salad dressing that I buy. I also like their sesame soy sauce though it is on the salty side.

      Delete
  7. I agree that Kewpie roasted sesame dressing is nice :)
    But too thick sometimes.

    I have the sesame soy dressing always ready at the office for my lunch. Heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I also like the sesame soy dressing. I also like to pour on my food hee..hee...

      Delete
  8. Any salad looks healthy to me, PH! Yes, I like kewpie roasted sesame dressing too and balsamic if it is done to the right proportion..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roasted sesame dressing is my favourite dressing. You are right, having potatoes in the salad brings it to the next level and one won't go hungry that fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always lost control when comes to sesame dressing or sauce for salad or hotpot dipping >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And the dressing is actually fattening >.<

      Delete
  11. Lol! Actually you were the one who inspired me with your salads. I like Kewpie roasted sesame dressing and so convenient for me. Thanks to you, I am enjoying my salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Let's just say we inspire each other!

      Delete