Tuesday 30 April 2019

Kedai Kopi Malaya, Damansara Uptown


There used to be a bakery called Boite a Bijoux in Damansara Uptown. Then it closed down. The space it vacated is  now occupied by Kedai Kopi Malaya.

I happened to walk past when Kedai Kopi Malaya first opened, and I took the opportunity to snap a photo of the menu for future reference.


As to be expected, it was quite busy the first few weeks and then the crowd died down. That's when I decided to visit.


I ordered the Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah and a Kopi O.


I thought the chicken was over fried but it tasted quite all right. The rice did not taste like regular nasi lemak. It was heavy on ginger with none of the santan taste. I was disappointed.


But I liked the sambal, it was slightly sweetish and rescued the nasi lemak. As you can see, they are not stingy with the sambal


The Kopi O was not strong enough for me. It was quite diluted.

Although I wasn't thrilled by the nasi lemak and the coffee, I visited a second time to try the Chicken Chop. It took almost half an hour to be served and the server was apologetic when he brought my Chicken Chop to the table.


It was quite a big piece of chicken with a generous topping of sauce. Then the server came back shortly with more sauce for me hee....hee....


The Chicken Chop was not bad. The batter was not too thick unlike the one I had here. But having said that, it's not the best Chicken Chop I have had and I probably won't be rushing back for more.

13 comments:

  1. I guess I won't be going there for food unless my friends want to go. The sambal looks too much for me but I like rice with ginger taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be disappointed with the nasi lemak too since it was not lemak...and the coffee as well. Maybe that is why the crowd dwindled? It probably will join the rest and close down soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite disappointed and I'm not in a hurry to try other items on the menu,

      Delete
  3. I was wondering when you'll be hopping over here after reading about it from eatdrinkkl. I have to say though that the ayam goreng berempah looked quite different in Sean's post...his was fried to a nice golden brown and yours maybe not overfried but the oil is overused. I have to agree with you on the chicken chop too. I don't think I'd like a chicken chop where the sauce looks like it's made from the 'more sauce' the server gave you...ketchup & chilli...together with those 3-types frozen veggies we can get from the supermarket...haha! :D Polo bun next? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some hopes for this place but alas, I felt quite let down. No, no Polo Bun for me hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. Wahhh I like the entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fried chicken looked really dark and the sambal is too generous for my liking, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the generous sambal hee..hee...

      Delete
  6. I still think Village Park at Uptown serves the most fragrant Nasi Lemak. Their santan rice and fried chickens are superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you lah. But that place super crowded 24/7!

      Delete