Monday 29 April 2019

Auntie Watched Avengers : Endgame (Don't Worry. No Spoilers)


There is a lot of hype about a certain movie and those of us who have watched cannot discuss it in the open because Thanos-Still-Demands-Your-Silence. Hah!

So, no worries, I shall not say a thing lest I inadvertently let off a few spoilers. Tickets were open for sale some 3 weeks before the screening but I was quite indifferent about it. I'm not really into these superhero movies, if you get my drift.

My brother showed me this.


What??? 7:30am?? Who goes to the movies at 7:30am? 

One week before opening, I thought, what the heck. What if I wanted to watch the movie and then there were no seats left? So I went online and crap ..... so many shows were almost fully booked but I managed to get a seat at a suitable time.

Before the show I went for lunch.


Beef burritos and coffee at Orale. I was first customer of the day and my burrito came to me warm, toasty and crispy. Yummeh!

Then it was off to the movie and I was so glad I went. Having watched Avengers : Infinity War, I enjoyed Endgame even more.  There was humor, suspense, surprises and sadness. There were a couple of giggly girls in the hall and they laughed unabashedly during the funny scenes.

Before I entered the hall, I made sure to go to the loo because it was a 3 hour movie and I didn't want to miss anything by taking a toilet break. But by the end of the movie, I came out walking funny. My bladder was at bursting point. Gah!

Sorry I don't have any cooking posts as I have been working weekends. Last weekend was no different and after my awesome burrito the day before, I had to have more.

So lunch, lamb quesadillas.


I think I was first customer of the day again (I like to eat early) and my quesadilla was so much better than the one I had on an earlier visit

Mexican murtabak
The tortilla was well toasted and the quesadilla was firm and not floppy. I actually took a spoon from the counter in anticipation of a messy experience like before. But nope, no mess but the spoon came in handy to scoop and spread the sauce.


Another satisfying lunch before I headed back to the office to continue with my work. Working on Saturdays can be kinda nice because I can take a leisurely pace and I know Monday will be great because I have no backlogs. 

Plus it's a great excuse to get my partner to take me to dinner since I have no time to cook hee...hee.... 

We went to Chilis and he had his same old same old Sante Fe Chicken Salad.


And I had something I have been craving for, Crispy Chipotle-Honey Chicken Crispers. It was so good.


And what happens Sunday? As usual lunch with my lahling.


He likes the pork noodle soup at 66 Chu Yuk Fun so we visited again.


This time both of us had mee suah. It seemed like the volume of our noodle soup shrunk. 

I was too tired to do any serious cooking that day. So for dinner, I dug out some stuff from the freezer, fried some luncheon meat and an egg.


Mee, meehoon, luncheon meat and egg. Nothing exciting.

I hope you had a great weekend.

31 comments:

  1. You got so much done over the weekend! wah, you are someone who doesn't mind watching a movie on your own - very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to get tickets for the first day, enjoyed the movie too but not so much the crowd as they're very bising (hardcore fans who cheer and shout throughout the movie).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What luncheon meat do you buy? After the one in my blogpost today, I never buy any other brand. Cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is Tulip brand. Very, very salty. Won't buy again. The one you bought does not seem to be available over here.

      Delete
  4. hahahaha... not going to join in to watch . heard a certain ahem ahem was no more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly I am surprised that Ah Hong Chee went to watch Avengers: Endgame!! I am also one who would empty my bladder before any movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched at Atria yesterday and successfully hold my bladder for 3 hours. For a non super die hard fan of Marvel's Movie, I think the movie is really not bad, at least no boring scene :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems The Avengers feel is everywhere now... Tickets are sold out fast over here too in Aberdeen, the students booked in advance weeks before it started... I was nearly tempted to watch but after knowing it is 17pounds for the 4D, I changed my mind. LOL... Students fee is only 10pounds and if 2D, it is 5pounds for them. Kiamsiap me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is THE movie of the year hah..hah.. I think next few weeks no other movie to watch.

      Delete
  8. The famous topic at the moment. Avengers!! Planning to watch this week but must buy tickets online. Otherwise no seats!

    Chilli! Been once in KL. I like the salad. Wish we have an outlet here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you and family enjoy the movie!

      Delete
  9. Have not yet seen it but tried to get tickets to the 4DX - but alas, it was sold out for the whole week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can catch it the following week.

      Delete
  10. Wah, madam so happening! Kekeke....seen it already. I'll probably watch it weeks later after the die-hard fans have died down for a more 'peaceful' watch...hehe! ;) You're such a good other half...always accommodating by eating what your lahling wants and likes to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... I intend to go for a second round too. Well, I was reciprocating my partner's gesture when he took me to Chilis hee..hee...

      Delete
  11. Hey, I went to the movie this morning at 9.30am with my family. It was nice watching in iMax 3D! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you had a great time watching with your family!

      Delete
  12. Ya, a lot of talking and hype about this movie recently, i don't think i will enjoy superheroes movie like this or maybe one of these days i should try watching to see if i will change my point of view, been a long time since i visit the cinema

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually watched just to know what it is all about. Like you, I am not really into superhero movies hee..hee...

      Delete
  13. I like to work on weekends too, more peace and less interruption

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hebatlah auntie, sudah watch Endgame. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete