Thursday 30 August 2018

What To Do With Leftover Nando's Chicken?


When I roasted half a chicken the other day, I ate the leg and  ended up with leftovers. Besides I also had leftover roasted vegetables.

Not only did I have extra chicken and vegetables, I had extra Lemon & Herb Peri Peri sauce. Why not use that as a dressing since the sauce is tangy and flavorful. So a Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Salad it was.


I bought two very small heads of broccoli and had loads of cherry tomatoes in the fridge. Then I remembered I might have a zucchini somewhere in there too and I was right. 

I roasted all the vegetables in one tray, removing the broccoli first, then the zucchini and tomatoes last. Roasting is a good way to use up leftover veggies.


I diced up the roasted chicken breast, which was wonderfully moist and tender (yay to market chicken!), and tossed the meat and roasted vegetables with some of the peri peri sauce.

This salad made for a very nice low carb meal. 

Roasted Vegetables and Chicken Salad
Recipe source : Phong Hong

Ingredients :
- Roasted chicken breast, diced
- Roasted broccoli, tomatoes and zucchini
- some Nando's Lemon & Herb Peri Peri sauce

Method :
1. In a mixing bowl add diced chicken breast and roasted vegetables.
2. Add two or three tablespoons (or more) of peri peri sauce and toss to coat.

29 comments:

  1. My kind of food! So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is nice, colorful and yummeh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks soooooooooooooo appetizing, indeed zero carbs and high protein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love any type of roasted vegetable salad. Hmmm, never thought of using Nando's sauce as a salad dressing though. Thanks for the tip :) I see you're really loving your market chicken! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I make salad too with leftover roasted chicken.

    Yours looked good and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever of you to use leftover veggies and chicken to make salad, looks so colourful and appetizing, next time maybe i can roast my veggies instead of steam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee.hee.. I just did not want to waste.

      Delete
  7. Would be great for the filling for the Mexican pancake I have in my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good idea for leftovers and they are healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great use of leftovers. I'd love this for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of this for my next food prep.

      Delete
  10. Your salad reminds me I need to eat vegetables, recently has been eating too much meat...

    ReplyDelete
  11. if nando's introduced this on their menu, i bet it'd be a hit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so clever and I need to learn from you to recycle my chicken meat with salad. They taste so good and healthy to eat while bringing my weight down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very convenient too, just put together and mix, mix, mix!

      Delete
  13. I love Nando's Peri Peri Sauce, so I'll definitely love this!

    ReplyDelete