When I roasted half a chicken the other day, I ate the leg and ended up with leftovers. Besides I also had leftover roasted vegetables.
Not only did I have extra chicken and vegetables, I had extra Lemon & Herb Peri Peri sauce. Why not use that as a dressing since the sauce is tangy and flavorful. So a Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Salad it was.
I bought two very small heads of broccoli and had loads of cherry tomatoes in the fridge. Then I remembered I might have a zucchini somewhere in there too and I was right.
I roasted all the vegetables in one tray, removing the broccoli first, then the zucchini and tomatoes last. Roasting is a good way to use up leftover veggies.
I diced up the roasted chicken breast, which was wonderfully moist and tender (yay to market chicken!), and tossed the meat and roasted vegetables with some of the peri peri sauce.
This salad made for a very nice low carb meal.
Roasted Vegetables and Chicken Salad
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- Roasted chicken breast, diced
- Roasted broccoli, tomatoes and zucchini
- some Nando's Lemon & Herb Peri Peri sauce
1. In a mixing bowl add diced chicken breast and roasted vegetables.
2. Add two or three tablespoons (or more) of peri peri sauce and toss to coat.