Wednesday 8 August 2018

Theori Food@Damansara Uptown : My Healthy and Delicious Tapau Dream Come True (Closed)


On one of my walkabouts in Damansara Uptown (in an attempt to burn the waffles I ate) I chanced upon something interesting.


Eh? This is new. I was curious of course and took a closer look at the information pinned on the board.


Oh! I like what I see. Reminds me of Salad Atelier's ordering  system. I suppose what Salad Atelier is to salads, Theori Food is to chap fan. Of course this is loads better than conventional chap fan. I really, really like this. It got my heart fluttering.


I had to return to check them out. What I found was a place with very basic amenities. It was all white, somewhat clinical in appearance.


But that's fine. Because this helps to keep cost low and enables the operators to be more cost efficient. Besides, this is more a place to come, order, eat (or takeaway) and go. You want ambiance, this is not the place.


I was approached by a friendly guy who took me through how to place my order. I was given an order chit and a pencil and I ticked away. 


While waiting, I took the brochure.


The contents of those lunch boxes look really good.


There is even  free delivery in Uptown area. So convenient. But I would prefer to walk there to make my customized selections.

Once my lunch box was ready, I went to the counter to pay.


What's inside was quite attractive and ample.


Brown rice, grilled chicken breast (which turned out to be fried), corn, bell pepper, edamame, carrot and Japanese cucumber. For the sauce I opted for teriyaki and roasted sesame. Nice. Very nice.

When I get tired of my own food prep, this is my next alternative. I'll be back!

Note : Theori Food is just next to Village Park

28 comments:

  1. This is something new and makes an interesting meal for a change. It is healthy and less carbo too but not cheap lah.

    The whole place is so white like heavens. I prefer if whole place is brownish wooden colour to add warmth. I will visit if I could find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't be cheap lah since the operators have to pay rent, salaries, etc. Perhaps once or twice a week I can tapau.

      Easy to find, just next to Village Park.

      Delete
  2. Looks good...only I'm too far away to come and try it. If I do come around to Damansara Uptown it's for Annie 1 or Village park nasi lemak :) By the way, I tried your Golden Spicy Chicken last night...It was yummylicious..Hubby and boys lapped it up. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you come to Damansara Uptown only once in a blue moon, then you should visit Annie-1 or Village Park hah..hah... Oh, that's good to know! I am so happy you and your family loved the Golden Spicy Chicken.

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is very much like The Fish Bowl...where you get to choose your protein, toppings and sauce...only difference is that the proteins here are mostly chicken. So that explains why the price is slightly cheaper than Fish Bowl's. I can see why you like it since it's 'Japanese premium chap fan'! ;) I agree it's still healthier than the conventional chap fan but may add on weight gain because of the rice and sauces...kekeke! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have been eating rice for a few days now hee..hee... But it is not so bad since the rice portion is small. I hope these guys do well and get more support from the office workers in Uptown.

      Delete
  4. Not bad.. a westernized chap farn, I would say... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good and I enjoy it a lot.

      Delete
  5. it looks like meraki food except the portion is a little bit lesser and the price much better. thanks for discovering new eateries in uptown for us here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this phobia walking through narrow passageways like the one at the entrance - I imagine the walls closing in on me and I would have to push to keep them apart and stay alive. I guess I used to watch too many Hercules movies when I was small. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are hilarious hah..hah... Yah, I get what you mean. I have seen these kind of movies too. LOL!

      Delete
  7. looks like they reinvented the Fish Bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like mix-and-match meals! hmmmm, i think my combo of choice here would be brown rice + garlic sauce (of coz) + lemongrass + purple onion + edamame + cherry tomatoes + broccoli + carrots + parsley grilled chicken breast --- and i'll probably add on the egg and avocado! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I do love your combinations! Very luxurious too with addition of egg and avocado.

      Delete
  9. That is my kind of place too! I wonder if they'd allow me to bring my own lunchbox? I'm trying to cut down on single use items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they would be delighted if you brought your own lunchbox. I should do that too!

      Delete
  10. Wow, so sihat nampaknya. Ofcoz you will back, satisfied, attractive right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lah. Sedap and sihat, so boleh makan lebih kerap.

      Delete
  11. Wah, very interesting.

    I kinda like the minimalist decor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you ordered. A modern style of chap farn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The interior looks like a classroom lol, same view as tm, these meals are not cheap but it is ok to spend on nice food at times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Like tuition center :) Can't be cheap as they have to cover their overheads.

      Delete
  14. Are those ingredients served hot or chilled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rice and chicken are served hot while the veges are chilled.

      Delete