Wednesday 1 August 2018

I Don't Eat Like This Anymore


These solo lunches at Mr Tuk Tuk happened quite some time ago. I used to eat the set meals but I decided to try ordering individual dishes from the menu. Since I am alone, obviously I cannot order too much.

One of the dishes that I love is their Black Pepper Beef. It's unlike the black pepper beef that you get from Chinese restaurants as this one has a very exotic flavor. 


I had it the first time when dining here with my brother and parents. Since there were 4 of us, obviously we could each only taste a little bit of the dish. 

So here I am getting to enjoy it to the max all by myself. Greedy me.


I must have some vegetables with my meal, so what better to complement the beef than the Mango Salad.


Is that too much for one person? No. Not for me. It was just right (at the time). I thought to myself, the next time I come here, I'll transfer the beef and salad onto my plate.


Bah! The next time I came over, they gave me this dinky plate. There is not much space to do what I had in mind.


This time, I had the Som Tam (papaya salad). 


That, I tell you, was a very good meal. Washed down with iced water.


I'd rather eat my calories rather than drink them. And you know what? Two hours later I was hungry again. Haiks! Was it due to the papaya enzymes breaking down my meal?

When I got home, I finished up my entire stash of cookies (it was just half a canister, so chill out). And that was how I regained my weight :(

22 comments:

  1. I had very nice som tam that day, yesterday's post in my blog. I so love Thai. The beef looks really good. Usually, we would have three rice and share the dishes. We are very small eaters. Hehehehehe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Thai too. Can't get enough of it. Small eater, eh? hee..hee...

      Delete
  2. This is the post of how PH regained her weight but all is still good cos she is losing all the extra weight now to go back to her target weight. I must try this beef to see what the unique taste is. Think I will eat some and if no one to share with me I will keep the rest which should last me for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last for a few days? Alamak! LOL! I realize that I tend to overeat when I like the food. That's what lead to weight gain, so I am changing my habits.

      Delete
  3. I wonder if you had brown or red rice instead of white if that would make you feel full for longer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps. Brown rice has more fibre but unfortunately they don't serve that.

      Delete
  4. I only enjoy black pepper beef and beef rendang. I don't like other way of cooking beef unless it is very nice.

    Not a fan of mango salad. Not so into sour stuff. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Originally, when I saw the first two photos, I thought this is the perfect meal for you since you went low carb...and then, aiks, I saw the next photo...with white rice! I guess these must be your older visits before you went low carbing? ;) I had such an underwhelming meal at this place recently...haiz. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that happened many months ago. I could go back and eat without rice. Sorry to hear that you had disappointing meal there. I haven't been back there for some time.

      Delete
  6. Why they served you rice with different different plates every time and the second plate not suitable at all lah, aiyo~~ =.="

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! You are so damn greedy aunty! You could eat 2 big plate of dishes all by yourself! I called you greedy because I was just as greedy uncle like you. I also went to Tuk Tuk and ordered rice with mango salad and green curry too. I finished all alone too with no qualms and guilt. My weight doesn't bother me lah, just eat now and die later. Muahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always greedy for food. "Eat now and die later" LOL! You are damn funny!

      Delete
  8. This is small case for me LOL, i could have another additional bowl of rice, i usually order green curry and/or prawn cakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm drooling over the kerabu manga and somtam. Both are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. like you, i would rather eat my calories too - except that people have pointed out to me that liquor is pretty high in calories too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, alcohol is very calorie dense. Not good for dieters. hee..hee...

      Delete
  11. u regained weight? that was fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you ordered. I love beef and Thai salads. So true! I get hungry very fast after eating Thai salads.

    ReplyDelete