Wednesday 29 August 2018

This Chee Yok Fun Is Da Champ!


The last time I went up to A Foodie's Nest@The Starling, I tried Kom's By Kompassion which has since closed down. Business at this food court has picked up a bit since I last visited but I can't say that it is bustling.

I decided to come by again to try the Chee Yok Fun@Champ's (CLOSED) upon my sister-in-law's recommendation. She also works nearby and has given the oink-oink noodles the thumbs up.


I actually headed to Prawn Noodle King outside the mall but found that they were closed (on Mondays) and that prompted me to drop by Champ's.


There are four variations of the pork noodles and I opted for the Chee Yok Fun (Soup)@RM16.50. Yup that's quite a premium price to pay for a bowl of noodles.


But it was a big bowl filled to the brim with lots of goodies inside.


I chose koay teow and in the soup I found loads of minced pork, pork slices, intestines, liver, Chinese cabbage, mustard greens and big pieces of fried pork lard. 


The soup was very flavorful and I may have discovered the secret. I found two small pieces of fish bone in the broth.


Salted fish?


That was a very hearty lunch and I will definitely be back for more.

27 comments:

  1. Wah! You cleaned up everything. Must be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would love this noodle. I am not so into the intestines and livers. I definitely pass them over to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he would then he can get extra innards from you hee..hee..

      Delete
  3. Is this Champs the same one that is in Centerpoint One Utama? If yes can confirm their pork noodles is tasty! wah you drank all the broth so must be super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I mean Centerpoint at Bandar Utama.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I think it's the same one.

      Delete
  4. I only know of Champs being very famous for their 'damn shiok' prawn mee. Don't know about the pork noodles though. They were the rage when they started about 15 years ago but later years saw complaints of drop in standard and too much MSG (their outlet in Centrepoint closed but the one in BSC is still operating).

    This one the broth is the cloudy type (may be too robustly-flavoured for me, I prefer clear soup base). I wouldn't be surprised it there's salted fish in the stock since it's so flavourful. Do they sell prawn mee here as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The broth was very robust in flavor, so could be a bit too strong for you as you prefer more subtle taste. If I remember correctly, I did see prawn mee on the menu. That's something I'd like to try too.

      Delete
    2. Opps...I went back and noted that alas...no prawn mee on the menu :(

      Delete
  5. Yes I remember Champs for it's Prawn Mee...It was amazing but since it's closed down in Centrepoint i haven't been to the one in BSC. I love pork noodles too and will be trying it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this pork noodle reminds me of the famous OUG pork noodles nearby the Marketplace....*their secret is prawn and squid...instead of salted fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prawn and squid contribute to loads of umami.

      Delete
  7. Oh? It's kway teow. At first I thought it was porridge. Ooooo...liver! I like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good timing to drop by to salivate at this post! I have been thinking what I should have for dinner since wifey has late night meetings. The Champs have been around for 2 decades with outlets at Centrepoint and Bangsar Shopping Centre. They have many other delicious food too!

    This oink oink is yummy and calling me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must bring your wifey there lah. The onik oink noodles super sedaplicious! The siew yoke/char siew fan also very good.

      Delete
  9. liver and lard! two of my favourite parts of the pig, heheh :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will enjoy this with its flavourful soup and oink oink ingredients, my kind of comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  11. My eyes are glued on those lards, dear. I can never resist them. Yum! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pork noodles at their main outlet at Centre Point is charged at a more premium price tag, have you tried before?
    When you mentioned about fish bones in your soup, I thought they were those tiny bones which can hurt one's throat is accidentally swallow it. But bones found in broth/soup is a no no, right? =.="

    ReplyDelete