Saturday 11 August 2018

Friday Food


Yup, Friday is cheat day. Though it didn't go as planned, it was nevertheless a cheat day. A day when I can eat whatever I liked. I skipped dinner the night before because I ate too much on Thursday. I will get to Thursday in a bit.

So I started my day with no breakfast because I still felt full. So full. But right about past 9 a.m. I got hungry. I didn't want to eat too early, so I tahan till 11:30 a.m.

What to eat? I have been walking past this nasi lemak stall located at a coffee shop opposite the Uptown 7 carpark. The ayam goreng berempah always got my nose's attention. So why not, eh?


So there. Nasi lemak pandan with all the fixins. The standard condiments are hard boiled egg (you get only 1/8 of an egg), slices of cucumber, ikan bilis and sambal.

There are other dishes that you can add on like fried chicken, ayam masak merah, rendang, vegetables and lots more.


I chose to add on a fried chicken drumstick and some sambal potato wedges. I also asked for some of the rempah from the ayam masak merah. All that for RM7.00.

The rice was on the dry side and had a whiff of pandan but not enough lemak. It was just passable. 

While I was there I spotted this.


Seriously? Must drop by one day to try it.

So that was my brunch. Later in the day, I got slightly peckish and I dropped by Annie-1 for the homemade yam cake.


Adoi. Such a small serving for RM4.00. It was good though. Just not enough.


Of course, kopi o ais kosong is a must.

And then................


Oh..ho..ho...ho.... Two regular scoops of Pralines & Cream and Chocolate Peanut Butter with sprinkles of almond. So good.

Then dinner pulak at 7:00 p.m.


heh..heh...heh....

So what happened on Thursday? Yup. I was so so hungry again in spite of having two eggs and half an avocado for breakfast. 

Well I had to eat. As usual I must have coffee.


Cappuccino. Eh, not served in a teacup? It was good. So good.


Fried chicken and waffles. The small salad was unfortunately not dressed. Loved the fried chicken and the waffles. Sedap.

And then..............


Haiz................ Warm peanut butter brownie and chocolate ice cream.


Though the brownie was suitably fudgy it was not my favorite flavor. The ice cream was just so so. This dessert was a letdown for me but at least I satisfied my craving curiosity.

So that's how I got so stuffed on Thursday until I could not eat dinner which led to a Friday eating frenzy. So it looks like I had two cheat days in a row.

24 comments:

  1. Really cheat day. Like none stop eating. Haha.

    Hmm. The rice was very yellow in your nasi lemak. Like chicken rice.

    Waffles and fried chicken? What a combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you went to town on your cheat day...or shall I say cheat days! :P For me, I think I prefer to eat small portions or moderately every day than having a cheat day, coz when one has a cheat day, one usually tends to go overboard (after having starved or abstained so much in the week)...and overeats! >_< And then all the hard work of cutting back in the week goes down the drain. T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely doing it right. I realize that I put on weight because I tend to overeat and even when I am full, I still eat. Self control when it comes to food is not my strong suit so I have to impose restrictions or else everyday is cheat day.

      Delete
  3. Phong Hong, I have no cheat day, almost everyday is a cheat day for me. I can hardly go without carbs. I try to have low carbs only. I have put on two KG after taking my protein shake. Perhaps, I should ban myself for having any cheat day, you get what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yannie! The 2kg you put on could be due to muscle weight. Carbo eaten in moderation is all right. For me, I tend to go out of control, that is why I impose restrictions and allow a once a week cheat day. Of course, sometimes (like that Friday) things don't go according to plan. LOL!

      Delete
  4. i agree that it can be quite difficult to maintain dietary discipline throughout an entire week - i'm so bad at it that everyday is a cheat day for me nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when under stress, I deviate >.<

      Delete
  5. 2 cheat days, one after the other! That is what I am afraid of. If I control too much, I will start to eat non stop like a bottomless pit and will feel so guilty about it. Haiz...no wonder my weight still remains the same. At least you are reducing your weight effectively, but not me....sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am resetting my ways again next week. Must get back on track!

      Delete
  6. Everyday is a cheat day for me because food makes me happy! Hee hee! And I am someone who cannot stand hunger, so must eat, eat first then think later, life is short!

    Lucky you had your ice cream here, if not you will crave for ice cream after reading my post LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My! My! You sure buka puasa there! Hmmm...wasted calories on the not-lemak nasi lemak. I would be so pissed off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Won't be going back for that nasi lemak.

      Delete
  8. Before I start work at this new place, I try, watch my diet, now many cheat day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. definitely two cheat days in a row. I like to eat sambal potato wedges a lot so I will always eat that when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I also like sambal potato wedges and cannot resist them.

      Delete
  10. LOL, that's excessive eating in 2 days straight....u manyak stress ka? hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... just keep feeling hungry :)

      Delete