Tuesday 28 August 2018

Rakuzen....So Sian......


This was a Friday dinner at Rakuzen@The Starling. There was one occasion when we decided not to wait as the restaurant was full house.

We were early and got ourselves a seat. My partner has complained many times that the service is poor. This time it was no different.

My meal was served while my partner's was delayed for more than 15 minutes. Meanwhile we heard the service bell from another table go ting tong ting tong ting tong ting tong! I bet that table was super annoyed heh...heh....

My partner was clearly upset so I pressed for service. The server scurried over and within seconds my partner's food was served. We reckon it was ready earlier but no one bothered to serve. The ladies at the table next to us also had to remind the server about their food.

Since my partner had waited so long for his meal, I did not snap a photo of his rice with tempura. 


My side dish of thinly sliced cucumbers with mayo was bland.


So were the pickles. They were not adequately pickled and had yet to absorb the pickling liquid. So they were tasteless.


My chicken and egg looked good but was in need of a good dash of soya sauce. 


And the miso soup was barely warm. My partner and I have decided not to come back.

18 comments:

  1. Decision fully justified, never come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been there for dinner but the lunch service is good. So must avoid this place for dinner. I hope you give them feedback on their facebook so that the management can do something about the poor dinner service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited at lunch once long ago. Maybe I should eat there during lunch time instead.

      Delete
  3. Oh my. Why their service so slow? Really packed or understaff??

    I would be irritated when my tummy is rumbling and I need to wait so long for my food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understaffed and inexperienced staff I think.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, this branch not so good then. I've always encountered good service (and satisfying meals) with the one I go to in Sunway Velocity. I even noticed some of the servers (perhaps the more senior supervisors) always have a ear piece with them to facilitate communication :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one at Starling is a mess. No proper supervision and inexperienced staff I think. They seem disorganized.

      Delete
  5. I would be frustrated too, especially when it takes so long to serve the food and only to realise that it was ready (just that no one bother to bring it over). The customer paid for the service, and have to bear with such lousy and inefficient service. I wouldn't go back either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, really bad. They better do something before they lose customers.

      Delete
  6. Rakuzen not really a "cheap" place ler, the service so slow and the food not really on par, that's sad~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food looks good but sadly, looks can be deceiving at times and with that kind of service, I sure would not want to go back there either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not returning but I might check their lunch service and see if it is any better.

      Delete
  8. I ever experience slow service at Nana's Green Tea. I waited very long and after asking four waitresses, I was then served the Parfait after more than half an hour.

    However, the food was good so it kind of compensated for the slow service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very bad but at least the food was good and worth the wait.

      Delete
  9. Once is okay but after a few times with poor service, then I too wouldn't want to go back especially when the food is not worth the return trip.

    ReplyDelete