Friday 17 August 2018

Brownies Mak Oi!


The other day there was a minor power failure at the office. It affected not the whole office but only appliances that were plugged into certain power sources. Only my computer was affected while the air conditioner and lights worked fine.

A complaint was lodged with TNB. In the meantime, with the computers down, everything came to a standstill. Instead of sitting around with nothing to do, I decided to go out for a walk. At The Starling of course because it was too hot elsewhere.

That's when I came face to face with a brownie kiosk that made me go bonkers.


Manis by Misscreative. Gourmet Brownies. Haiya missy....bikin gua tak boleh tidur lah..............


Look at that. You tell me how to resist?


S'mores Brownies


Classy Jane Brownies.


Walnut Brownies.


Raspberry Mess Brownies.

There were another two flavors - Ferrero Brownies and Brookie Brownies.

I cannot sleep if I did not try any one of these brownies. I had to buy. One brownie costs RM4.50, half a dozen RM26.00 and one dozen RM48.00.

Which one? How many? eenie meenie minie mo.... 

So.


My loot. 


wahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!


Half a dozen, one of each flavor. These things are very tempting I tell you. The lady ahead of me also got herself half a dozen. Then in a split second she ordered another half a dozen. She looked really happy.


S'mores Brownies. Brownies with biscuit base and topped with marshmallow fluff. The biscuit was very crumbly and dropped all over the place. I tasted more biscuit than brownie and did not get much of an impression of the marshmallow fluff.


Fererro Brownies. Brownies mixed with chunks of wafer, roasted crushed hazelnuts and swirled with Nutella. This was a hit and miss because the wafer was tough and chewy in the batter. I think it would work better without the wafer.


Classy Jane Brownies. A classic plain brownie. This to me was the best of the lot. Brownies plain and simple. It was fudgey and chewy and chocolaty. Muah!


Walnut Brownies. Brownies mixed with chopped walnuts. Another winner. I love this one too.


Yummeh!


Brookie Brownies. Brownies mixed with crushed Oreo cookies.


Also very nice. 


Raspberry Mess Brownies. Brownies mixed with raspberry compote and fresh raspberry. Very fancy.


But my least favorite. I did not like the gritty feel (and slight tartness)  of the raspberries.

All in all, I loved the brownies as they were not too sweet and were moist and fudgey and chocolaty as what great brownies should be.

So there. I ate half a dozen brownies. This is terrible. Have a great weekend!

By the way, this brownie kiosk will be at The Starling until Sunday 19-08-2018. 

27 comments:

  1. Oh me oh my!!! Now when did I last have a brownie? So long ago that I cannot even remember. About time I have one now... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, I'm not a huge fan of brownies, so resistance for me isn't a problem...hehehe! ;) Oh my, I must say these brownies are very cheap, almost half the price compared to others I've seen. Since you like brownies so much, perhaps you may want to try the Brownies Bar by The Accidental Bakers (can be ordered online and they do deliveries too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you hah..hah... Ah...you are encouraging me to eat more brownies! hee..hee... These brownies are smaller than some that I have seen at other bakeries. Seriously, I should bake some myself soon.

      Delete
  3. Quite a lot, my dear. Thank God I don't have sweet tooth or craving for such, otherwise I would be drooling right now and hunting for it. Haha. I like those none overly sweet brownies. Usually they are, so it is hard to find those none too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six in one go is a lot, I agree hah..hah... These were not too sweet, just nice.

      Delete
  4. u ate all 6 in 1 sitting?! *gasp* I am at starling now. would go look for this stall. I thought u would buy 12, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please faint hah..hah... I hope you also came across a kiosk that sold nuts and granola. They are very good.

      Delete
  5. I love to eat brownies anytime and they go well with hot coffee! I seldom buy them as I find them costly for the small sizes! Now you have tempted me to check it out and buy maybe just 2 for myself. How come I never bumped into you at Starling?? You must be hiding your face with a paper bag over your head!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Our timing never coincide, that's why. These brownies were not too sweet and that's the way I like it.

      Delete
  6. the flavours are pretty intriguing - i guess you can blame this calorie intake completely on the bizarre power failure - it was fate that led you to these brownies! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Fate seems a romantic way to justify my dietary transgression!

      Delete
  7. I am eyeing the nutella on the ferrero brownies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice if they did not add wafer in the batter.

      Delete
  8. Yesterday ke.....my anak dara tanya i nak order brownies ke tak, sebab dia mcm teringin.....
    Bila tgk brownies kat sini, i pulak yg jadi teringin LL haha....

    I pun suka briwnies yg chewy mewy moist moist gith LL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, yesterday Hainom. Gelojoh betul LL ni. Sekali ngap, 6 sekali gus >.<

      Delete
  9. You're right. Irresistible! I want to try them all too. S'mores might be my first taste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never have seen such a place! Classic is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aiyo, Phong Hong! You are making me drool with all the brownie pictures. I will order one of each! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oit, now you're tempting us into go finding them brownies also. Jahat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah... makan! makan! makan!

      Delete
  13. Six brownies for one go? I think you skipped the dinner later?
    I like the one with with Nutella swirl, I can imagine I'm licking the Nutella, yumyum~~

    ReplyDelete