Wednesday 3 October 2018

Nothing Interesting To Share


Haiz..... Got no new recipes to share. I wanted to share my dhall curry recipe but as you know, the first attempt was a disaster (too thick, too salty) and unfortunately the second one turned out extremely salty. 

But never mind. I can talk about other stuff. In fact, all this non-cooking posts have got me more page views than the cooking/baking posts. Which means that you guys don't care much for my cooking/baking wahahaha!!

Hey, do you like glasslock containers? Most women collect diamonds or handbags or shoes but not me. I collect glasslock containers. I meant to show you my collection but some are in my freezer, some in my brother's freezer and some are in the fridge. They are everywhere right now.

Since cooking for my parents, I had to buy some more containers as I did not have enough (in spite of my colossal collection). 

These glass lock containers are usually very expensive (especially the made in Korea ones) but I have found affordable ones recently at Popular Bookstore and Miniso.


There is more variety at Miniso, all sorts of shapes - square, rectangular and round with different volume capacity.


They even have ones with compartments.


I like these cute pink and blue ones.


Which lead us to these that I bought hee..hee... RM9.40 each.


I use these for my overnight oats which I have started making again.


I got these two packs of organic rolled oats at Aeon


Macadamia milk from Jaya Grocer.


These Chia seeds are finally being put to good use.


I add 1/2 cup oats and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds into each container.


Then 250ml macadamia milk (or almond milk) goes into each container.


Off to the fridge they go. The next day, I take one out and add sliced bananas and granola. Yummeh!


So what have I been cooking?


Still porridge for dad but less portions now since he is easing into normal diet. Mum has requested for only dhall curry since my brother buys very substantial dinners. I guess mum wants to eat lighter for lunch.


I don't have time to cook dishes for my partner's lunches, so he has to make do with mee goreng and some other one dish meals. I suppose it is a nice change for him as I did not receive any complaints.


My very, very salty dhall. Haiz...........

24 comments:

  1. I have a few glasslock containers that I redeem from using points and shopping stickers. You are right, they are very useful. Thanks for letting us know that they are available in miniso. I must go there to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see glasslock containers, I have a compulsion to buy!

      Delete
  2. I love your overnight oats. you can add fresh berries and they would be so very yummy! I think using these glasslock containers for overnight oats are so much better than using those airtight jars. Am curious on what made the 2nd batch of dhall even more salty. will you be writing about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to add blueberries and strawberries. I will be writing about the dhall and yes, will tell why it was so salty!

      Delete
  3. You have shared so many good stuffs with us, Phong Hong. I just reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... I have no food to share, so all this nonsense will have to do LOL!

      Delete
  4. I have few at home. It is useful for storing food.

    Hope you perfecting your dhall recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me one more week and I'll come up with the dhal recipe hee..hee...

      Delete
  5. Glass? Only RM15!!! At Popular! I wonder if they have those here - I sure would love to grab some, anytime better than plastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are on promotion for limited time only I think.

      Delete
  6. Hai PH, lama kaknoor tak singgah sini..
    Macam2 adalah yang Ph kongsikaj tahniah masih bertahan, kaknoor lama tenggelam baru timbul ni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Kak Noor! PH rindu lah. Hari tu tak sempat nak komen kat blog Kak Noor. Nanti PH singgah.

      Delete
  7. What an assorted post with so much activities from glasslocks jars, overnight oats, dhall curry and porridge. You are just like a Jack Of All Trades and Master of them all. Now I am tempted to make my overnight oats again. My wife was was crazy over my oats breakfast has lost her cravings. Maybe my preparation is boring and needs upgrading. I had never heard of Macadamia Milk and it sounds delicious. I hope it is not too expensive.

    Hope your dearest papa is recovering each day with all your love inside his meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me telling grandmother stories lah... The macadamia milk cost around RM16. Considered pricey lah but then it is macadamia milk. Sekali sekala only I buy these things. My pa is recovering well, thanks TM.

      Delete
  8. Heard so much about overnight oats but have yet to try. Don’t know how to eat oats since young. Hahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, something new for you to explore!

      Delete
  9. I love glasslock containers! ;) They're quite expensive, the small square ones cost me RM18 each. I like to buy those brand that can microwave, withstand boiling water (for steaming) and withstand oven heat (up to 300C) since I sometimes reheat stuff straight out of the freezer (that's why glass containers work best). I've bought Korean ones before at RM39.90 for two fairly large rectangle ones but those can take heat up to 120C only. The ones you found are quite cheap and I've not seen those with compartments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, another collector :) I love those Korean ones the best and I bough quite a few during sales or when I have gift vouchers. These latest ones from Miniso are made in China, hence the lower price.

      Delete
  10. You cook for your whole family (your parents and your partner), kudos to you. I like those containers with compartments, we have miniso in sg too so i will go there have a look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment yes I have been so busy cooking. Those container are very useful.

      Delete
  11. I do not collect containers although my husband would be of a different opinion:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Surprisingly we can get glass container from Popular!
    PS: Your mee goreng look good to me as I like mine with a more "glossy" look rather than dry dry one, hehe ^__*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to put a bit more oil hee..hee...

      Delete