Thursday 20 June 2019

My Partner's Meat Patties


One day my partner made meat patties. "Come, come, try! Nice or not?". His meat patties were nicely browned and smelled really good. And it tasted pretty good too.

"Come, come, recipe! Recipe!!!" That was my response. He was delighted. And I discovered that the deep flavor of his meat patties came from finely minced shiitake mushrooms. The rest of the ingredients were pretty simple - the usual onions, soy sauce and pepper. 


So today I cetak rompak my partner's recipe and added some extra ingredients. I had some carrots and spring onions leftover, so I added those into the mix. I made mine into smaller patties, whereas his were bigger and flatter. Aiyah! I should have snapped a photo!

The meat patty mixture can be prepared a day ahead and fried the next day. That's what I did to speed up the process. It's always very helpful to prep ingredients ahead of time.


Meat Patties
Recipe source : PH (stolen from partner)

Ingredients :
- 330g minced pork
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, minced 
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tbsp finely minced carrots
- 2 tbsp sliced spring onions
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour (or any all purpose flour)
- 1 egg

Method :
1. Combine all the ingredients together and mix until mixture is sticky.
2. Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying (oil to reach halfway up the patties).
3. Form the mixture into balls and flatten it when you put into the pan.
4. Fry until both sides are browned.

20 comments:

  1. wah, you and your partner are cooking partners now sharing recipe. soon you both will be cooking together! the patties sound so tasty and easy to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very nice patties, great for food prep!

      Delete
  2. I make meat patties all the time too but have never done so with shiitake mushrooms as I thought the taste would be overpowering (I think the key is to not use too much). You're very lucky to have a partner who would make you patties...we wish we have such partners...kekeke! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that lucky lah. He made the patties for himself wahahahha!!

      Delete
  3. good to have a partner who cooks well...I wish to have one so I can enjoy all the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One cooks, the other eats hah...hah...

      Delete
  4. This meat patties looked yummy and surely tastes more yummy! That's because your partner is from Penang! I will try to make this wokay.... I think your partner is my friend! Aha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... Penang lang! Meat patties are my favorite things to make. Can freeze it for later.

      Delete
  5. Wow your partner can cook too! That makes both of you a cooking couple who can share tips and ideas together. Meat patties are my favourite and they are good to eat with porridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. I did learn some cooking stuff from him :)

      Delete
  6. Wow!!! You've got competition now! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Your partner can cook. Next time he cooks more for you. Hehehe.i like his meat patties. I sometime make too simce kids like it. Go well with their rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... He hardly has time to cook :)

      Delete
  8. I love meat patties too and yours look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my favorite dish to prepare since it is so easy.

      Delete
  9. You sound like my mum - grated a few extra veggies inside the meat patties - like hiding them in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... a sneaky way to get vegetables into the kids!

      Delete
  10. Which type of mushroom you used, dried or fresh?
    I wish my hubby can cook me something =.="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used dried shiitake mushrooms. You must hint hint to your hubby. LOL!

      Delete