One day my partner made meat patties. "Come, come, try! Nice or not?". His meat patties were nicely browned and smelled really good. And it tasted pretty good too.
"Come, come, recipe! Recipe!!!" That was my response. He was delighted. And I discovered that the deep flavor of his meat patties came from finely minced shiitake mushrooms. The rest of the ingredients were pretty simple - the usual onions, soy sauce and pepper.
So today I cetak rompak my partner's recipe and added some extra ingredients. I had some carrots and spring onions leftover, so I added those into the mix. I made mine into smaller patties, whereas his were bigger and flatter. Aiyah! I should have snapped a photo!
The meat patty mixture can be prepared a day ahead and fried the next day. That's what I did to speed up the process. It's always very helpful to prep ingredients ahead of time.
Recipe source : PH (stolen from partner)
- 330g minced pork
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tbsp finely minced carrots
- 2 tbsp sliced spring onions
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour (or any all purpose flour)
- 1 egg
1. Combine all the ingredients together and mix until mixture is sticky.
2. Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying (oil to reach halfway up the patties).
3. Form the mixture into balls and flatten it when you put into the pan.
4. Fry until both sides are browned.