Finally I was brave enough to eat raw broccoli. Yeah, RAW. The trick is to cut it up really small to make it easier to eat. But still ..............
I took one tiny floret and chewed it. Bleagh! Never mind. It might taste better once mixed with mayonnaise and eaten with the rest of the ingredients.
I used a small head of broccoli, one carrot, one red onion and some dried cranberries. As for the mayonnaise, I used my homemade mayonnaise.
I left the dressed broccoli slaw in the fridge for a few hours and when it was time to eat, I noticed that it tasted so much better after sitting. The broccoli softened and the flavor was more muted. Well, this is good!
I ate the Broccoli Slaw with roasted chicken and they went so well together.
So now in addition to coleslaw, I can add Broccoli Slaw to my list of salads.
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- 1 small head of broccoli, use the florets only and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- some dried cranberries
- enough mayonnaise
1. Put broccoli, carrot, onion and dried cranberries into a mixing bowl and toss with enough mayonnaise to coat all the ingredients.
2. Chill in the fridge for an hour or more before serving.
3. Sprinkle with extra dried cranberries when serving.