Monday 25 March 2019

An Unexpected Lunch At SS2


One Saturday, my brother took me to our optician to pick up my new spectacles. We went early because we expected the optician would take some time to adjust the spectacles and to test my eyes again to make sure everything was OK.

As it turned out, the man was on leave and it was his assistant who adjusted the spectacles for me. We were done in a jiffy. 

On our way to the optician, I suggested Korean for lunch. We thought of going the the one at Section 14 but we spotted a Korean restaurant nearby. We went up to to check them out but they open at 11:30am.

Since we were way too early, instead of making our way to Section 14, my brother drove around SS2 and that's when we spotted Restoran Feng Shi Shen Pork Noodle


You can have the noodles dry or with soup.


And there are 5 types of noodles to choose from. 


My brother and I decided on the Combo Pork Noodle. He chose yee mee with an egg added ...........


........ while I had my favorite kuay teowThere were lots of goodies in the bowl.


Big ass minced pork .....


.... intestines and kidney .....


.... and of course, liver. So good!


Two persons, three drinks hee..hee... My brother was thirsty so he had soya bean milk and calamansi lime juice while madam coffee addict had kopi o peng.


We ordered some sides which the kitchen forgot and after a reminder to the server, these were served.


The spring rolls were not to our liking.


It was not adequately fried and the filling did not taste like much.


The seafood taufu fared better.


It was a good lunch. The serving size of the noodles was quite generous and we would have been good without the sides. But then again, where's the fun without sides, right?


Many thanks to my brother for the treat.

26 comments:

  1. Interesting lunch. That one big meatball. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It was a good meal. Would love to visit again.

      Delete
  2. Oooooo....liver! All the innards! I love this place already! And I've a soft spot for clear soup. Yes, the popiah is rather airy, lots of empty spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheaper than the one at the mall near me but not so convenient to visit.

      Delete
  3. The noodles look good. I cannot resist ordering some sides. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They give kidney too for RM 14.90 - a good price. My spouse would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I'm not so sure if I'd be willing to pay around RM15 for a bowl of pork noodles (maybe with a combo of seafood, it'll be more acceptable..haha!) especially when I can get a bowl from Mama Love for half the price...and theirs is such a big portion that one struggles to finish it even! ;) I guess I'm one of those who don't mind paying high prices for cafe food but somehow just can't get over the high prices for hawker food. Call me bias...hehehe! :P Glad you had a good lunch though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices around here is like that (big sigh.....) I get what you mean about the prices, so I am biased too hee..hee..

      Delete
  6. So did you test your eyes? All OK. No power increase?:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time test, sure go up >.<

      Delete
    2. means you takrak loufar if your short sightedness goes up. my loufar goes up so short sightedness goes down.

      Delete
    3. Actually I have loufar :(

      Delete
  7. wah, got someone belanja lunch and free chauffeur to pick up new specs, how nice! the noodles looks delicious and with lotsa 'liews'...I like both kuey teow and yee mee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For yee mee I prefer to eat Cantonese style noodles.

      Delete
  8. i want two eggs in my yee mee for extra eggy creaminess! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would enjoy these noodles soup with minced meat, kidney and liver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your brother is sooo good to everyone. Please ask him to adopt me!

    That bowl of Combo Pork Noodle is so delicious and packed with jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see they put good dose of fried pork lard, which is good! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so terribly hungry seeing it and I will have a lunch in like 3 hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had something good to eat!

      Delete