What? Kale salad again? I can't help it, it my favorite salad at the moment, my new love so to speak.
Kale is not always available at the supermarket, so when I see it, I grab it. But lately, I seem to see it more often.
I don't know why but I enjoy massaging the tough leaves with dressing. Maybe it's therapeutic, getting my hands all "dirty" and scrunching at the leaves. Just like a kid playing with food hee..hee..
I made this Kale Salad on the same day I made Marinated Salad and you might notice the capsicum, carrots and cherry tomatoes used in both salads.
I am eating more salads again after deviating from my more health promoting foods. There is simply too many temptations around the office and I tend to cave in and eat the comforting bad foods. Case in point, my recent noodle obsession.
If I had my way, I would eat out everyday and become fatter and poorer. That's not a good thing. So I am now doing my own cooking again and limiting eating out to twice a week. But it's not working wahahahaha!!!
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- 150g curly kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- some thinly sliced red, yellow and green capsicum
- some cherry tomatoes
- some chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
1. To make the dressing, add all the ingredients and whisk or blend to combine.
2.Put the kale into a mixing bowl and dress with some of the dressing.
3. Using your hands, squeeze the kale to soften the leaves and coat the leaves with the dressing.
4. Add the other salad ingredients and toss with the rest of the dressing.