Friday 16 November 2018

Simple Stir Fried Broccoli with Button Mushrooms


This is a vegetable stir fry that I used to prepare early in the morning to complement my proteins. Frying vegetables in the wee hours of morning is not an ideal situation, yes?

To make it easier on me, I prep the broccoli on a Sunday. Washed and cut into small florets and stored in an airtight container. The mushrooms are easy. I just slice them before cooking.


I fry the broccoli using my non-stick pan. It's easier to handle compared to my heavy wok. Heat some olive oil and add chopped garlic and then in with the broccoli florets. I don't add any water, I stir the broccoli frequently and it cooks in its own moisture.


When the broccoli is almost done, I add the sliced mushrooms and these cook very quickly. Then in goes a good dash of soya sauce. It sizzles and I switch off the flame and give a good stir. Done!


I also cook it during weekends and serve with other dishes like this one with grilled pork loin and roasted sweet potatoes.


Or just with the protein for a low carb meal.


Great with steaks too. So easy and so good. 

25 comments:

  1. I have broccoli in my fridge. All I need is button mushrooms. Thanks for giving me a reason to go out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... hope you got your mushrooms.

      Delete
  2. Lovely dish. I love broccoli but usually add with carrot and Shimeiji mushroom or baby sweet corns. I seldom use or stock up button mushrooms at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom buy them too because quite pricey and they can't keep long.

      Delete
  3. Definitely! Frying vegetables in the wee hours of morning is definitely not an ideal situation. This stir fried broccoli with button mushrooms with roasted sweet potatoes and some nuts (almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts for protein) makes a very delicious vegetarian meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am contemplating vegetarian meals at least once a week. Good for the system :)

      Delete
  4. Fresh button mushrooms in any stir-fry vegetables are great...but not something I can have often as these mushrooms are expensive as they tend to 'wilt' down so you'll need more portions. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! That's why I hardly buy these mushrooms.

      Delete
  5. Broccoli is my favourite vegetable, usually i steam it with asparagus and mushroom and eat them with roasted sesame dressing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds like a good idea. I want to try!

      Delete
  6. I love buttons but can't get fresh ones here. Tsk! Tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yums! Yums! You must very thin by now eating low carb meals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both the broccoli and button mushroom I like very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple ha goreng brocoli LL.... nak tiru ar hihi....Button mushroom tu yg dlm tin ke?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ni button mushrooms yang fresh, Hainom. Nak pakai yang dalam tin tu pun boleh.

      Delete
  10. Give me an idea on what to cook, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You knew I was going to love this one with the lovely fresh veg right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd add these to my breakfast! Yummy any time of day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a first for me, veggies for breakfast!

      Delete
  13. Fav ingredients for me & Sam, so this stir fried always appear on my dining table :)

    ReplyDelete