Thursday 1 November 2018

LFC


There's KFC and there's LFC. That's Lim's Fried Chicken (LFC)@A Foodie's Nest Starling and I heard from my sister-in-law that the fried chicken is good. So I had to try it.


I may have read about LFC in Time Out KL and apparently it is quite famous. 


Instead of having the fried chicken with rice, I went for the chee cheong fun with curry. I don't know if that was a good idea.


So here it is. The curry is Chinese style curry and not my favorite but it was all right. The sambal that came with it (not quite visible in the photo) was nice.


The fried chicken has a nice flavor to it and the skin was crispy. It was nice enough but not something I would rave about. 


As for the CCF, of course I liked it. It's one of my favorite carbs. Perhaps it would taste better with sambal and sweet sauce. This one, I will return.

Then I remembered a photo I snapped some days earlier while waiting for my food.


You see that? A girl pouring stuff (gravy?) from a plastic pail. That freaked me out because to me, plastic pail means mopping floor and not a vessel for food. Upon closer inspection, it was the LFC kiosk. Oh dear.

22 comments:

  1. CCF curry with fried chicken looks extremely tempting and good. Today I had lots of carbs as my breakfast too, I had Pan Mee and vegetable bao. So no more carbs for the rest of the day. Kakakaka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yannie works out a lot, so the extra carbs no issue lah. LOL!

      Delete
  2. CCF with fried chicken is a weird combo...and wouldn't be a good idea for me. I've heard about this LFC but have not tried it. When you mentioned pouring gravy from a pail, it was a turn off indeed but then I noticed the rice cooker nearest to her (as seen in the other photo), so I think she was pouring water to cook the rice (which isn't so bad then). ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fried chicken with rice is definitely better. I was just hankering for some CCF I suppose hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. That day at this foodie nest food court, I saw a person eating this exact combination of ccf and fried chicken. It looks so good that I went to buy it, only to see that it is a whole chicken leg not just a drumstick so I bought the mutton rice from the same stall instead. Next time I will try this with a friend to share as I like to eat ccf and the fried chicken looks so juicy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can bring the other half of the chicken leg home for dinner hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. I have noticed people using those paint buckets to carry water for cooking in stalls. As long as those paint buckets are new, should be ok. But if the paint buckets have been used to hold paint before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they just use it for that one purpose, I suppose it is all right.

      Delete
  5. Fried chicken with ccf. I have tried yet but not a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was craving for CCF that day hah..hah..

      Delete
  6. That sure looks like quite a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fried chicken (or fried foods in general) are just not my thing. I leave it to you to judge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aware that you are into healthy foods. Good for you!

      Delete
  8. Outside food is like that, sometimes i think if we really saw how they handled the food we will freak out! I have not tried curry ccf before and i would like to try that

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of this LFC and always want to try it but don't have chance yet.
    I'm ok with food being filled in a pail as long as it's not hot stuff >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the pail is clean and they don't use it for any other purpose, should be ok lah.

      Delete
  10. heard of LFC, but I tink I wouldn't give it a try...There's much more better fried chicken in pasar malam...lol! I have seen lotsa people putting food/rice in plastic basin, bucket...especially the stalls in bazaar ramadan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of fried chicken competitors out there :)

      Delete
  11. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Tertutup sudah selera ye LL. Padahal baldi baru beli tu hihihi...

    I suka Cee Cheung Fun ni LL.... tapi makan dengan kuah Yong Tau Foo lah. Baru sedap kan kuah manis manis gitu. Ayam tu KFC ke LFC ke kalau dah namanya ayam goreng dengan resepi rangup, sedap ajekan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... LL tengok jer baldi, teringat mop lantai. CCF lebih sedap dengan sos manis.

      Delete