Tuesday 6 November 2018

Where is My Food?? Grrrr!!!


That was me two Fridays ago and my partner last Friday. We were at our my favorite dinner venue, Goodness Greens.

In the first incident, my partner's food was served first and I was left waiting for more than 20 minutes. I was hungry and that wait made me angry. 

When my partner was almost finished, I told him that I wanted to cancel my order (merajuk mode on) and in my head, I thought that we could stop by the McDonald's drive thru and get me a Big Mac.


He was oblivious to my missing dinner as he was very tired. Seeing that his madam's face was turning into pontianak, he summoned the server and inquired about my order.

Within less than a minute, my food was served. I was so pissed off that I had no mood to snap a pic of my meal. As I tucked in, I noted that the food was cold. It must have been sitting on the counter and no one bothered to serve.

Then last Friday, it was my partner's turn to be stood up by the kitchen. My food came first and his was nowhere to be seen. My partner, like me the previous week, was clearly annoyed and signaled the server on his order.

The guy disappeared into the kitchen and stayed there for the longest time. My partner told me that he was going to cancel his order and just then, his dinner was served.


When we were paying at the cashier, my partner expressed his displeasure over the poor service. The cashier explained that the ordering system was faulty.

When he keyed in orders, a copy would have been transmitted to the kitchen terminal but that did not happen.  At the same time online orders were coming in and that was what the kitchen staff concentrated on. He was aware what happened to us the previous week. He said that he had informed his boss on the issue but the problem has yet to be rectified.

So what's with the food photo on this post? With two bad experiences in a row, I think my partner will veto Goodness Greens from our Friday dinner venue. Which means that if I want the sort of food served at the cafe, I would have to copycat in my kitchen.


Turmeric "rice" with roasted Teriyaki chicken thigh, mushrooms, broccoli and roasted cauliflower. Not a bad reproduction, if I may say so, minus the aggravation.

28 comments:

  1. Oh dear, they really need to rectify the system otherwise sit-in diners will be left fuming over late orders again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! This place is quite popular, so they better buck up!

      Delete
  2. Oh? That's your own work of art? Very very nice. I bet theirs doesn't come close. That kind of service, I will never ever go back again, that's for sure. I would make a scene too...unless my girl is with me - she does not like it, that Miss Goody Two Shoes! Hard to survive in the outside dog-eats-dog world, people like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Your girl is like me, I also get uncomfortable too if one made a scene.

      Delete
  3. Oh no!
    But I love this food bowl..:)

    Please visit: https://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez. The kitchen must be fast to serve food to hungry customers. I don't like waiting too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very bad impression. It was never like that on previous visits.

      Delete
  5. Since you can cook just as well or even better than them, I say better to cook your own as your teriyaki chicken turmeric "cauliflower" rice looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your generous compliments hee..hee...

      Delete
  6. When I saw that first pic, I knew it was your own homemade healthy bowl coz 1) I recognised the bowl as one of yours...kekeke! and 2) the bunch of coriander by the side was a dead giveaway...haha! ;) Like you, I'm also very pissed if my food gets served very late but sometimes my family thinks I'm being nasty and ask me to have some patience and tolerance as they're doing the best they can...haiz! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... you spotted my signature bowl and herb hee..hee... I think serving food late is a very big sin for a restaurant. This place was never like this during our previous visits. They better improve!

      Delete
  7. Since they already know that the kitchen is not getting the orders automatically, then they should pay more attention to ensure that dine-in customers are served their meals in a timely manner and not get overlooked. I guess this is bad management so it is all their fault for losing you as a regular customer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. This poor management will cost them their loyal customers.

      Delete
  8. They better solve the problem or else they will lose all their customers. Your bowl of turmeric rice and chicken, etc. looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an unpleasant experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food was served cold? I cannot stand cold food! I would be pissed off too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrible experience I dont like these situations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your own-made dish looks as deliciously good as any cafe’s, seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Food serving at restaurant definitely not as neat and clean like this, haha!

    ReplyDelete