Tuesday 20 November 2018

Cheesecake in a Jar


This cheesecake in a jar business was a result of a case of itchy butt. Do you know the meaning of itchy butt? In my family, it means a situation where you have nothing better to do and you decide to do something tedious.

I bought 2 packets of strawberries and 4 packets of blueberries. I wanted to start baking again because I realized that the last time I baked was ...... err..... when, ah? Who cares. In fact my brother asked me recently "You don't bake anymore is it?"


That sort of motivated me and the story behind the berries was that I wanted to attempt something new which is a Pastry Fruit Cake

Then on the day of the bake, I realized that the strawberries were not exactly in pristine condition and would not look so good on the cake. 

So I came up with this bright idea of making Strawberry Cheesecake in a Jar. And since I also had blueberries, why not make Blueberry Cheesecake in a Jar too. 


One thing lead to another. I had to look for jars. Bah! I only had two small ones. Tsk! So I had no choice but to use glass tumblers. Then I had to make the strawberry compote. And the blueberry compote. And whip the cream cheese/whipping cream. And crush the digestive biscuits.

Suddenly I regretted getting myself into this. Haiz.... No wonder I stopped baking.

And one more thing. I had to pipe the cream cheese into the jars/tumblers for a neater finish. 


Since I adapted this from a recipe I found, I had to adjust as I went along and I am not able to share the recipe just yet. Now that I know how much of what makes how many jars/tumblers, I should be able to come up with a recipe. But that will have to wait until I get a case of itchy butt again.

20 comments:

  1. I may not eat cheesecake but if I were to choose, I'd definitely go for the blueberries one. 1) I love blueberries more than strawberries and 2) the whole blueberries make for a nicer presentation and better bite than a pureed version (I know, your strawberries weren't in pristine condition). Well, at least this one, there was no baking involved! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made the right choice! I loved the blueberry one. The strawberry compote was quite awful due to the strawberries not tasting good.

      Delete
  2. So cute!
    And they look simply scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had tiramisu in a glass like that. Leave out the crumbs at the bottom, my girl would be able to enjoy these, gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to make tiramisu like that too.

      Delete
  4. Hi PH...wah sedap tu teringat zaman2 cake in jar tengah meletup sekitar 2-3 tahun lepas.Saya pun terjebak jugak.Nak2 kek yang bercis macam ni lagilah sedap.Makan sejuk2 apa nak kata lagi kan??

    Re:
    Menjawab soalan Agar-Agar Santan tu saya ada bagi tips kat youtube Agar2 Santan Gula Melaka...Basahkan loyang/bekas sebelum tuang agar2...Itu sahaja tips supaya agar2/Puding senang dikeluarkan..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lina. Tak lama lagi akan nampak agar-agar kat blog PH hah..hah...

      Delete
  5. Aha, I was so excited when I read "cheesecake in a jar business" because finally I can buy food from you, only to realise that I have misunderstood the word "business", hahahaha! lolx! You are so patient to make these 4 jars. Did you eat all of them by yourself? I don't think they can be kept in the freezer, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! This is a lot of work, so I will definitely not go into business with it :)

      Delete
  6. They look so presentable and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum yum. I like to have these. Lovely and delectable looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed some 5-Star hotel buffets served cheesecake in glass jars too. I felt it was very wise and neat that way which could prevent wastage if the whole cheesecake could not be finished. I love the layers of your colours! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saves having to slice the cake, which can be messy.

      Delete
  9. I have tasted blueberry cheesecake and it was served in a very tiny glass. Making these may be tedious but I am sure they are worth the work because they taste yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I ate it I felt the benefits hah..hah...

      Delete
  10. I like this version as you no need to cut the the portion you ant and keep the balance in fridge, and repeat these steps again again until the whole cake is finished :P

    ReplyDelete