Friday 30 November 2018

The Good Guys


Every time I visit a law firm, I am confronted by this menu on the ground floor. Everything on the menu looked really good.

And every time I make my way upstairs, I am greeted by this closed door.


I saw this sign on my most recent visit. Previously it wasn't there. No wonder the door is always closed as they open only at these hours :


I am talking about this place. The Good Guys Private Bar & Kitchen@Damansara Uptown.


Yup, it's next door to that Frisson place. If you are familiar with Superthai you will note that the signboard font/design (even the menu design) is similar. In fact some of the dishes on the menu are  also similar to Superthai's. Same owner?

Let's take a closer look at the menu.


I don't know if I will ever have a chance to sample their food since they open only after 5:00pm. Maybe I should come here with my brother on those times when he gives me a ride. We'll see.

24 comments:

  1. Wah~~~!!!! They close at 1.00am and 2.00am! That's my kind pf place as sometimes I had very late dinner and could not find a suitable place still serving in my neighbourhood. Their menu appeals to me! Now I suspect it could be the same owner as the Wakon Japanese Restaurant that has closed down after 2 decades. Their operation hours are identical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad Wakon closed before I could even try it :(

      Delete
  2. Camne tu.....habislah diet cenggini hihi.... kena makan mlm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah...hah.... tak boleh slim lah tu...

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I read somewhere that it is under the same management as Superthai. Not sure if you'd like the place though as it's a kitchen & bar with low stools (for drinking) and high tables (for both eating and drinking?). The set up is a bit like Chateau DeCanter where smoking is allowed indoors (I spotted ashtrays on the tables). Come next year, perhaps this will be a thing of the past (I mean indoor smoking).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see! Hmmm... you are right, my brother and I dislike low stools and high tables.

      Delete
  4. The kind of place for me as i am a night owl hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. With hours like that, it is definitely not a place for me. Since the food is similar to SuperThai, I will just go to eat at SuperThai.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh? You did not go and eat? Those pork dishes caught mt attention. Yum yummmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, I would have been in bed for a number of hours already by the time they close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you can give it a try. Look quite extensive menu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great place for dinner and late supper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just nice for dinner since the place starts at 5 pm. The menu is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been dreaming of the menu hah..hah...

      Delete
  11. Yes PH, you're right, both SuperThai & TGG are under same management :)

    ReplyDelete