Eh, chicken again kah? Heh...heh... This is another marinade that I use very frequently that came about when I noted (while reorganizing my fridge) that I had not one, but two bottles of smoked paprika.
Adoi! What a waste of money to buy something that I already had in the fridge/pantry. I do that all the time, I must improve my stock control system. So I decided to make use of the smoked paprika.
This marinade uses garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika. Yes, garlic powder even though I used garlic salt because I like this smoky and garlicky.
Same like my previous recipe I mix all the seasonings with cooking oil to make a loose paste.
Then I simply place two chicken chops into a freezer bag and pour the marinade into the bag and then squish...squish...squish... to coat the chicken legs with the garlicky smoky marinade.
The next day I take the chicken legs out to stand to room temperature for one hour. I cook the chicken chops in the air fryer at 200C for 15 minutes (10 minutes skin side down and another 5 minutes skin side up).
They turn out perfect every time. You can also add some chili powder for some heat (because smoked paprika is not hot at all despite the bright red color) or even pepper.
Sometimes I even marinate the chicken for 48 hours. These air fried marinated deboned chicken legs are so easy and quick to prepare. I love the simplicity of preparation and how delicious, juicy and succulent these chicken legs are.
Smokey Air Fried Chicken
Recipe source : PH
- Two deboned chicken legs (I use Aqina Pineapple Chicken Chops)
For the marinade :
- Two tablespoons cooking oil
- Two teaspoons smoked paprika
- One teaspoon garlic salt
- One teaspoon onion pwder
- One teaspoon garlic powder
1. Place the two chicken legs into a freezer bag.
2. To make the marinade, simply mix all the marinade ingredients together to create a loose paste.
3. Pour the marinade into the freezer bag and using your hands, squish the bag to spread the marinade to coat the chicken legs evenly.
4. Place the marinated chicken legs to marinate overnight in the fridge.
5. Before cooking, take the chicken legs out to come to room temperature. I leave it to stand for one hour.
6. Preheat air fryer to 200C
7. Place chicken legs (skin side down) on a piece of baking paper and air fry for 10 minutes and flip (skin side up) and air fry for another 5 minutes.