Tuesday 14 November 2023

Quack Quack Lunch

Last Saturday we made a visit to the nursing home to see dad. There was a small hiccup when we got there - the home's auto gate malfunctioned and refused to open. Pulak dah!

So we had to go through the garden of the next unit to get to dad. He seemed to be doing fine and when lunch was served, he ate with gusto. We left after about an hour.


For lunch, I suggested that we come here - Twins Signature Roast Duck @ Damansara Uptown. Mum has eaten the duck and wanton mee via Grabfood. So it was high time that she visited for the eat-in experience.

As usual, parking is a problem and my brother dropped us at the shop before driving off to park. He already made known to me what to order.


It was rather quiet when we got there (around 1:00pm) and it was no problem getting a table.

There you go. Our order for three persons.


 My duck.


Their duck.


Mum and brother had the wanton mee with siew yoke and half a duck to share. For drinks they had the Calamansi Sour Plum Juice.


While I had the usual.


My poor brother was still struggling with parking (at The Starling) when the food was served. 


At the end of the meal, all sapu habis! My people, we can really eat heh..heh..


Many thanks to my brother for the scrumptious lunch.


Mum and I waited at the shop while my brother went to get the car.

Here is mummy again. She is going to scold me for posting her photo.


While waiting, I took photos of the menu.


Sadly yesterday, dad had to be admitted to the hospital. I visited today and he seemed all right, just very lethargic. He is stable and hopefully can be discharged soon.

15 comments:

  1. Bingo!! Here I am leaving my comments "Live" at Twins Signature Duck!! Quack Quack!!
    Aunty Daisy looks so elegant, prim and proper like my own mum. They would be groomed from head to toe wearing their finest and big Hermes bags. Ah Chun must be happy to see your blog. I am showing him now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... your are the local CNN to do live reporting! Yes, my mum is very prim and proper and dresses well. Unlike me with selipar Jepun! Ah Chun and Ah Jun were very friendly and smiley when I saw them that day.

      Delete
  2. Gosh!!! You all swept it clean! Is that your brother? Looks like he is quite plus-sized. Runs in the family? Still single and available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we polished the whole lot! LOL! My brother is a six footer, a pity I am the short one. He is still single but I have no idea whether available or not. LOL!

      Delete
    2. Muahahahahahaha!!!! Chesh!!!

      Delete
  3. May your dad be discharged soon as you wish 🙏 good to hear he has adjusted well to the home. Lucky can go in through the next door garden when autogate is stuck.

    Your mom looks great so no need to scold you. 👍 Wah, the duck so tasty. Wonder when I can get to taste it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly my dad will be at the hospital for a while. Thank you for your wish and your compliments, mum would be pleased :) Who knows, you might have a chance to come to Uptown and taste the duck. Best to come early when the duck is freshly roasted.

      Delete
  4. Hi PH, coming to catch up with your posts, been busy busy lately.... And I surely will drop by to this shop when I go to Klang next week or so.... the duck is really enticing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! Yes, you are a busy bee! I hope you get to try the duck, you won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  5. Roasted duck anytime for me!! My post today is on roasted duck too. I had it last week.

    Lol on the auto gate. Hope they got it fixed otherwise troublesome for them and visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I will read your post after this :)

      That's the problem with auto gate. I know a few people who have had headache with their auto gates. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Your roasted duck meal is enticing as usual, must find one day to revisit this place. My plan to visit Twins always got interrupted, haiz >_<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the three of you ate a whole duck (Donald Duck must be very happy to see the three of you)! Not only can your people eat duck, they can also eat green chillies...lol. Your brother looks big size (not plus-sized) coz he's very tall but your mom is very petite. Aunty looks mantap in her baju kebaya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well, thank you! Aunty will be very pleased when she reads your comment :)

      Delete