Friday 3 November 2023

Kenny Hills Bakers @ TTDI

In the face of grimness and adversity, we must seek joy and respite. So we eat hah..hah..hah...


My brother and I had completed a mission. Our mother raised the white flag the day before and admitted that she can no longer cope with our dad's caregiving. She is severely exhausted and overwhelmed.

We totally understand since she is already 80 years old and has faithfully nursed dad for the past 22 years. It is time that she retire from her nursing duties.

Our cousin introduced us to his doctor friend who is managing a nursing home and we met with her that very morning. After speaking with her and viewing the facilities, we made the decision to enroll dad to be cared at the home.

Honestly, we feel sad to have to come to this decision but reality prevails. Mum is no longer able to manage and my brother and I have to focus on our work. There has already been too many disruptions to our personal and professional lives. It is not right for us to carry on like this. Hence the decision.

So after we left the nursing home, we had to seek respite and fill our hungry tummies. My brother suggested that we try Kenny Hills Bakers at Taman Tun Dr Ismail. Finally!   


We were there at the thick of lunch hour (full house) but we were lucky to get a seat after a short wait.


I liked what I saw on the menu.


Ah, QR code ordering and my phone somehow could not scan the code. 


But my brother managed to get it. While waiting for our orders, I went around to inspect the yummies.


Well, well. This is a dessert lover's paradise.


You are really spoilt for choice. 


I couldn't take pictures of the interior because there were people everywhere.


Besides pastries, there were loads of crusty bread.


Whoa! We ordered desserts up front together with our mains and these were served first. Why not, eh?


Somebody sang praises of the Peach Strudel, so how could I not sink my teeth into it? Well, it was divine. Most divine! My brother could not agree more.


The Tiramisu (the alcohol option, there is also a choice without booze) was also lovely but we loved the Peach Strudel more. Coffee (Flat White) was excellent.


This was my Roast Beef Sandwich. The bread was crusty and crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside.


The roast beef? Nyum! I was very pleased with my choice. This is what a roast beef sandwich should be, not like this one.


My brother went with The Big Breakfast with beef bacon and scrambled eggs. It was a huge serving and he was struggling to finish it.


Hence I got to taste some. 


Service here I would say is commendable and the wait staff are very responsive.


While enjoying my meal, I spotted the wood fire oven. One day we must try the pizza.


My brother and I were pretty impressed with the food and service and we are very certain that we would return. But maybe not so soon.

This place is by no means cheap and my siblings and I are very stretched financially due to our father's costly medical bills. So we have to be careful with our spending.


But we are glad for this one experience. We will save it for a special occasion. Many thanks to my brother for the lovely treat!

14 comments:

  1. 😂😂😂 OMG! OMG! Daisy just sang Peach Strudels in high pitch of approval. Looks like I need to revisit and try it. Their cakes are all very heavenly! I would say this outlet has the best and attentive staff serving the customers. They even remember the names of familiar faces.

    I will try the Roast Beef Sandwich since I have tried their pizzas many moons ago. The chefs used the right crusty breads that look correct and appetizing. I seldom dine there too cos the price is for orang ATAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...so you know this place has very good service. Yes, you must try the Peach Strudel! And the Roast Beef Sandwich. I wish they would move to The Starling hah...hah..hah....

      Delete
  2. Oooo...the roast beef sandwich looks gorgeous but the Big Breakfast takes the cake. I'd go for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand your decision because the elderly here is also in a care center. I haven't been to the ttdi branch, only the Desa park city branch. I also forgot whether I have tried their peach strudel or not. Don't think I get to visit anytime soon. Enjoy your meals! Delicious! 😋🤤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been following your updates on the elderly. I hope the other elderly is coping well alone at home.

      Delete
    2. The elderly at home alone forgot to eat breakfast and dinner so have to go over during meal times to ensure the meals are eaten.

      Delete
    3. I see. Some old folks require supervision.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you finally made it to Kenny Hills...and tried the Peach Strudel (which somebody sang praises of...lol...happy to know it turned out divine for the both of you). I've not tried the tiramisu here but glad to hear that it was good as well (just not as good as the peach strudel for you). If I want to indulge in a tiramisu, I think I'll reserve those calories for the one in Ra.Ft). Now that you've tried the peach strudel, next I would recommend that you try the key lime pie. I agree, prices here are steep but it's a trade-off since they use the finest ingredients in their food. Glad to hear it's a place worthy of a return but not so soon. Perhaps a visit to Mercat Barcelona first before returning? Lol.

    Looking at the roast beef sandwich, that's a very good choice indeed (it looks delicious)...just that I don't do so well with so much bread (too filling) and I want to leave stomach space to eat other things (a lot of other things!)...hah..hah. And yes, you have try their wood-fired sourdough pizza...they're very good too.

    The decision to put your dad in a nursing home is for the betterment of everyone. Even my (younger) sisters-in-law could not manage nursing their mom let alone your mom who is of age (it's very taxing physically & mentally). Now that your dad is cared for in a nursing home, he'll get all the right care...but it would still be very taxing (this time financially).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad too! Ah, the Key Lime Pie is actually on my list of to-try. Simply too many pastries that I want to eat hee..hee... Maybe the next opportunity. You are spot on that the Roast Beef Sandwich is too filling but my stomach can cope hah..hah..hah...

      I hope that dad will adapt to life there and not feel that we have abandoned him. We love him lots, just that we cannot cope and I hope he understands. I will be visiting him tomorrow together with my mum and brother. Then we can talk to him and see for ourselves if he is happy or not.

      Delete
  5. Really spoil for choice, I also cannot choose. The peach strudel sure looked yummy.

    Hope your dad is doing well, and so is your mum. Bet he will be well taken care of in the nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to make a few visits to cover all the pastries hah..hah...

      I hope so too, will visit dad tomorrow. Mum is finally able to rest. Yes, I agree that he will be well taken care of at the home.

      Delete
  6. I only tried once or twice KHB can cannot remember the taste of the food, but I've heard many good reviews from friends and bloggers. One thing that I know is their prices are definitely not cheap but still..... many people queuing for it. =.="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't remember the taste of the food, then I can assume that you were not impressed hah..hah... Oh yes, they are crazy packed even before lunch time >.<

      Delete