Wednesday 8 June 2022

New Makan Places at Damansara Uptown

Today the weather was a bit gloomy. It rained briefly mid morning and by noon the rain stopped.

So apa lagi, this auntie decided to go out to berkepoh-kepoh (again) in the neighborhood. Before that I stopped somewhere for makan. Did not take any photos or whatever because I have blogged about it before.

I saw this. Hot Bird. I know Soul Byrd which unfortunately has shut down, so one day I shall try Hot Bird to see if it is any good.


I kepoh-kepoh go and take photo of the menu for future reference. This spot used to be occupied by the very short lived Ayam Gepuk Berempah Damansara Uptown.


From the looks of it, the highlight is the "heat" level of the spices. Pretty much like its predecessor, eh? What's with this super pedas deal?


I don't know about you, but as far as I am concerned I dislike those pedas giler kind of heat. At the end of the day, your tongue is burning and your eyes are watering and you can't even enjoy the food. 


Then I made my way to The Starling food court.


On my way up, I discovered that this shop has shut down! Luckily I already bought my Dutch Ovens from there.


Ah! A new stall has opened at the food court, Warung Sizzling


For folks who enjoy sizzling noodles served on a hot plate.


This corner was once occupied by Teo Chew Meng which served me an unspeakable Mee Sua Tow which I mentioned here and I padan muka when they shut down. Hope this Warung Sizzling does well.


Wishbone Fried Chicken is now operational. They took up the space vacated by Ramen X which I mentioned briefly here.

So I unabashedly went snapping photos of their menu. If anybody queried me, I will say that the Damansara Uptown Dato' asked me to be the inspectorate in the vicinity kih..kih..kih...  

So.


This is some sort of fried chicken fast food joint.


Looks quite promising, for fried chicken fans that is.


Oh! Got chicken burger, eh! You know I want the Wishbone Chicken Tower. I hope the actual burger looks like the photo.


The Big Breakfast looks nice but it is unavailable.


Elsewhere at the food court, Uncle Soon Fried Rice took up the space vacated by Champ's (I still miss their chee yok fun sobs! sobs!).

18 comments:

  1. LOL on the Damansara Uptown 'dato'....i was like....hmmmm which one? yea, many F&B closed down and some new ones crop up trying their luck after pandemic. Same happened at my area too. Hopefully the good ones survive yea....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Teo family is the developer and they got Tan Sri and Dato' and frankly I don't know which one. LOL! Me too hope that the new F&B outlets can survive.

      Delete
  2. Haiyar!!! Why not available??? I would want that Big Breakfast too!!! Where's the burger that you had? Any good? Looks real nice in the menu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the burger yet. LOL! Will blog about it when I do.

      Delete
  3. The F&B open and close so fast that I have no chance to try most of them. It is sad to see the good ones go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. I have seen some that didn't even make it past 8 months.

      Delete
  4. Here, the weather was not sunny today Gloomy but no rain. My kids would love the fried chicken outlet. Ooo. The burger. I would like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try the burger soon. Last weekend I saw someone eating it and it looked good.

      Delete
  5. Chicken price has doubled I read so all these chicken eateries, will they double the price or half the portion? No pedas pedas food for me so pass, next please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I read too but so far prices at the makan place that I visited at the food court seem maintained.

      Delete
  6. It's crazy just how many makan places/businesses have closed down since the pandemic. I think those in the shopping malls with high rentals are the most susceptible. Not only that but our eating lifestyle/habits have also changed since the pandemic and visiting/eating at shopping malls is no longer a priority for some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, some don't even last close to a year. Last weekend, maybe compounded by the school holidays, all the restaurants at the mall were jam packed. Dim Dou Duck was full house and I guess they opened at the right time.

      Delete
  7. Never try never know, go get the wishbone chicken tower then you'll if the photo is just for illustration. :P
    Heard so much about the Uncle Soon fried rice and I hope you can try it then let me know what's your verdict. Hehe ^__*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The chicken tower I might try soon. As for the fried rice I will try on a day when I am not so hungry. One plate of fried rice is usually not enough to fill me up.

      Delete
  8. I thought I commented but can't see my comment. Wishbone chicken tower and big breakfast looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies, Nancy. I don't know why your comments ended up in my spam folder.

      Delete
  9. Nowadays people no longer look at us snapping away with our handphones... those few years back, yes... now nobody cares. It is a trend among the young and the old, especially the old... my friends stand up to take food served on the table.. not an embarrassing sight anymore... LOL... Even in Ipoh, many have closed down but on the other hand, there are plenty of cafes opened and I couldn't catch up with them... LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Now it is like SOP at the table. Camera eat first! Here too, new eateries come up to replace the old ones. I always wish them all the best!

      Delete