Thursday 16 June 2022

Pink Burger Patty

The other day at Aeon, I picked up a packet of beef burger patties. I remember that I used to buy that particular brand in the past.

When I got home and opened the packet, I was so shocked.


It's so ..... (artificially shocking) PINK.


I was disappointed.


This is very artificial with loads of additives and coloring. Not something I want to put into my body. 

I won't say the name but I'll show you so that you know which one this is.


 This is the list of ingredients.


It's not 100% beef since the patties contain soy protein and flour. And obviously it contains (permitted) coloring.

I didn't want to waste my partner's money by tossing these in the bin. So I fried them up, at least I'll know what they taste like.


It's very hard (for me) to photograph a burger plus the fact that I have to layer the veggies etc nicely for a pretty presentation, I just snapped pictures of the patties without the bun.


To be fair, these burger patties were very tasty (from all the added flavorings) and the texture is chewy like fish ball texture. So no, I won't be buying these beef patties again.

16 comments:

  1. Oh nooo. This brand used to sell "better" quality patties compared to other brands in the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? That's why I bought it because I liked it in the past.

      Delete
  2. PINK? Eyewwwwwww!!!! They do look all right once fried but I don't think I would want to eat them - could have used them to feed your babies. Hmmm...you seem to have improved a bit when it came to frying eggs. LOL!!!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My fried eggs look more decent these days :)

      Delete
  3. i think most of the beef burger patties (and all sorts of sausages) sold in the market has such artificial pink colour. I used to buy those frozen packed sausages but refrain from buying them after seeing the artificial coloring, preservatives and msg in the ingredients. But during hotel stays (where these patties/sausages are served in buffet), i would eat as that is my only chance to indulge into such junks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, they also contain fillers and are quite high in carbohydrate count. Better for me to buy minced beef and make my own patties.

      Delete
  4. Never try this patties. I used Ramly beef and chicken patties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked Ramly recently but found that they contain quite a bit of carbs.

      Delete
  5. I have bought Ramly's but that was long time ago. I cut down eating burgers and sausages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to make my own burger patties so that I can control what goes into it.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for showing me this because I'm planning to get some burger patties soon and this is the brand I'm going to buy. I used to buy their lamb patty last time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered that the patties were of better quality in the past. Yes, I also bought the lamb patty years ago.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the warning. I will know what not to buy. But ok la since it tastes ok, one final time of eating it for u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will refrain from buying anymore and will make my own from minced beef.

      Delete
  8. I don't think I've seen pink patties before since I don't eat much burgers, I seldom buy them. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to buy them, they are not good for our health! LOL!

      Delete