Saturday 18 June 2022

My Cheeky Child

Oh no. Another cat post. I hear that from the non-cat lovers. It's ok with me if you skip this post, no problem at all.

Belle Belle is no doubt the naughtier of my two cats. Girl is generally well behaved except for her constant whining and vocalizing (which can be annoying when I am under stress).

Belle Belle is the quiet one. She moves like stealth and I once accidentally "locked" her in my bedroom. Then I searched for her all over the house only to realize where she was when I heard eyauk...eyauk... coming from my room. Haiz


One evening a similar thing happened. My partner and I were watching TV when I heard some weird sounds coming from the dining room (the door was closed). Then there were scratching sounds.

I honestly thought I saw Belle Belle run up the stairs earlier with Girl. Luckily I was not alone or else I would have been very frightened. My partner casually remarked "That's Belle Belle" (he being the rational one hah..hah...). Then I heard her unmistakable eyauk...eyauk... Sure enough it was Belle Belle.

Then one fine day I caught her doing this.


I was surprisingly calm that morning and snapped these photos. 


Girl has never done this before.


I was just glad Belle Belle didn't topple anything over especially the glass bottles.


Then I chased her off and she kena lectured and ran to the safety of the staircase.


Some more can give me the "what ma?" look.


Another morning when I was at home she and Girl decided to stay in. Both refused to go out even though I opened the front door.


This is what they did.


Just chilling out together on the floor.


I wanted them out of the house because I needed to vacuum and mop the floor.


It's confounding that when I want them in, they want out and when I want them out, they want in. Haiz....


Lately Belle Belle has been stealing Girl's food again. She stopped doing that for a while and I thought she was reformed (compared to early days).


I guess she is back to her old ways. Girl is too timid and lets Belle Belle have her way.

8 comments:

  1. What....your cats have never jumped on your kitchen counter before? Those are not cats...lol! All cats jump on counters, table tops, cupboards and everything else....it's in their nature. When outside, they even jump onto the roof. The stray that I'm feeding always like to come into the house (when I open the door) and when she does, the first thing she does is jump on the kitchen counter and my table top. P/S: You don't have to worry about them knocking over any glass bottles or anything, they're very light on the feet and are very good at tip-toeing around everything. The kitchen top is where all the food smells are (Cookie used to even jump into my kitchen sink). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true, Girl has never jumped on my kitchen counter. But very recently she jumped on to the dining table while I was having steak. I think she simply couldn't resist. LOL! I nudged her back to the floor, bad mommy! But with Belle Belle, she jumped on the kitchen counter a few times already. So I keep her out of the kitchen/dining room as far as possible but most times she sneaks in very quietly. Like a ninja. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Do they shed their fur all over the house? I get a lot all over my car from those strays that come at night! What a nuisance!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On yes, the shed like crazy. So I have to vacuum the floor quite frequently.

      Delete
  3. She must be curious so jump to your cabinet and check it out. Luckily nothing break. Phew!! Otherwise she sure kena from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is very curious. You are right, if she knocked anything over, sure kena mommy scolding. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Ah, Belle Belle wants to find some ingredients to help you with cooking. Good that she didn't mess up anything on the counter, just quietly sniffing and exploring. eyauk...eyauk doesn't sound like meow meow at all. I wonder how the sounds are like, so curious. I think once you turn on your vacuum, both of them will run far away from your vacuum as most cats don't like the sound of the vacuum cleaner unless your vacuum cleaner has no sound, super silent mode. Weather outside is super hot, your marble floor must be so cooling so both of them are enjoying sleeping there and don't want to go out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Girl runs away when the vaccum cleaner is on but Belle Belle is very cool. She is not afraid of it. Either that or she is deaf.

      Delete