Tuesday 14 June 2022

Perdana Botanical Gardens

My partner and I have resumed our Sunday morning walk after a hiatus due to the 2021 Lockdown.

This post is a little bit stale lah because I took the photos in May.


There was an event, Garden of EID Festival, and I took photos of the registration booths, generator and mobile toilets set up in the vicinity. 


I also saw tents as well as food trucks. I think the event was slated for later in the day (so we did not have the opportunity to participate).


Oh ya, we saw these beautiful blooms when crossing the road to survey (the hiking trail) at Taman Tugu (after reading about it on Choi Yen's blog. Actually we visited Taman Tugu before, I think in 2020 after the MCO. I still have the photos which I haven't posted. Wait lah, later I will blog about it.


I only managed to snap this Durian Tugu hah..hah.. but we did not go trekking that day.


So it was back to Perdana Botanical Gardens for our walk. My partner pointed out this blooming banana tree to me. Since I cannot resist flowers, I snapped some photos.


Then I spotted another interesting flower. Don't know the name of the plant.


We chanced upon the entrance of the deer park. It is usually locked but that day it was not.


So we entered.


To me, it was paradise, with all the lovely foliage.


It rained the night before, so the grounds were damp.


We had to be careful as it can be slippery.


Do you see those chickens? Some roam freely while others are in enclosures.


I took snapshots of them and they seemed quite friendly (as in they didn't scamper when I approached).


There were steps all over.


And my partner (unintentionally) posed for me heh..heh..heh...


Here's another one.


Going down the steps is fine.


But climbing up on the way out... tired lah...


We left the deer park and resumed our usual route.

The highlight that morning was when I came across this friendly kitty.


Allo! Allo!


Auwwww.... my heart melted there and then. But I had to say goodbye.


Sadly I did not see my little friend on subsequent visits. Hopefully my partner and I can keep up with our weekly walks (and I hope to improve my stamina).

16 comments:

  1. Thank goodness, you did not bring the cat home. LOL!!! I guess you do not need to scan the QR code anymore these days? Such a nuisance! Saw in the news today people have access to everyone's personal particulars via the MySejahtera...and some ministry's record. Terrible!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yup, no more scanning of the QR code and it is such a relief! Now we can just go inside the shops without all the hassle.

      Delete
  2. adorable friendly kitty! good to resume walk to burn off some calories and build up stamina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the weekly walks. I wish that I could go there everyday.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the photos. Long time I didn't go there. Last time, used to visit the bird park and deer park. Hopefully the ket has returned home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing the bird park but no chance to go inside since we are there very early in the morning.

      Delete
  4. Hong long you walk that you can burnt out calories? Someone told me in order to burn calories, your heart bit rate need to reach 120 bit/sc which mean you need at least a slow jog to achieve the target heart bit...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, just by moving we are already burning calories.

      Delete
  5. Allo, Allo....is that even a stray cat? He/she looks so immaculately clean and the fact that she/he let you pat him/her under the chin tells me this is not a stray but a recently abandoned cat. A stray born on the streets just don't have that demeanour. His/her action of trying to smell your hand/fingers is him/her trying to see if your scent is familiar and if you're his/her owner. Haiz, it's so sad to see these abandoned pets (like the abandoned cat that I'm feeding now). Why are people so heartless? P/S: Great that you've resumed your morning walks again. Your partner didn't object to you putting up his photos on your blog? Kekeke! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the poor kitty! I didn't even check if it were a he or she. Yes, it is sad when people abandon their pets. I could never do that to my two girls. Just the very thought of it brings tears to my eyes. My partner was quite sporting that morning hee..hee...

      Delete
  6. I am very guilty after looking at this... LOL... so long I did not go for park walks... sit sit and eat eat... no wonder I gained 3kg since I came back from the states... haiyah... I must start my walks again... one fine day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You will sure lose weight when you resume your normal routine.

      Delete
  7. Hopefully you can have a hiking at Taman Tugu trails and let me know if you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to be outside. Home in Australia and at the moment and taking full advantage of the great outdoors for walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice! I love going for walks, I find it very relaxing.

      Delete