Saturday 2 May 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #46 (Salted Egg Fried Chicken Nasi Lemak)


It is Saturday, day #46 of the MCO and counting down to Monday blues. Oh no, more like Sunday evening blues. Do you get that on Sundays during normal pre-MCO days?

I get that a lot. In fact I used to get it during my school days too. It is worse when a meeting is scheduled on a Monday (I Hate Meetings!). Well hopefully Monday will be a quiet day and I can focus on what I need to do.

I was craving for Mamalee's Nasi Lemak Salted Egg  Fried Chicken. I also wanted the Nasi Goreng Kampung. Yup, it is time to order food to give myself a break from cooking.


As you may notice, I also put in a side order of Spicy Prawn which is sambal prawns.


My order arrived piping hot in a sealed plastic bag. So to take nice photos (because MCO got plenty of time) I transferred the food on to plates/container.

My cat was very excited (as usual) and made a lot of noise while attempting to reach for the table top. In fact she was  fast asleep on the couch when the order arrived. She woke up when the food was laid on the table.


 So to appease her whining and meowing (when I was eating), I placed the (almost) empty food box on the floor and gave her some strips of chicken.


Heck, she even licked the sambal!


The nasi lemak was very fragrant and adequately lemak for me. The accompanying sambal was as good as ever.


As you can see, the chicken leg is of a good size and they are not stingy with the salted egg yolk. Besides, the chicken skin was still crispy. So good!


I found myself stuffed to the max after eating this very generous portion of nasi lemak. I can safely say that two small eaters can share this quite comfortably.


The Spicy Prawns were equally good. I took just one prawn and some sambal to sample (kept the rest for dinner). 


This Kampung Style Fried Rice (which I had for dinner) was just as good as the one I had on day #35. The portion size was also very generous. This is something I could cook myself and perhaps one of these days, I will.


A couple of days ago, I found my cat sleeping very soundly on my bed.


She is still very alert and will know that I have snuck up on her for a photo opportunity.


One eye will open before she shuts it again to continue with her snooze.


I had to suppress my giggles when I took this photo although I have seen her in this funny pose many times before. 


I am looking forwards to going grocery shopping tomorrow. Now I can write a longer list and hunt the items down myself!

22 comments:

  1. Your cat is definitely not a Chinese Fei Mau cos she could lick the spicy Sambal... She could be a Thai or Huan Na or Kalinga meow for sure. Hahaha

    Gosh!! You look forward so much to start work again! You better wear PPE suit to office cos you will shopping and food hoarding like an Uptown Girl again. Ah Hong Chee strikes back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! No lah. I am not looking forwards to going to work, only grocery shopping!

      Delete
  2. The salted egg fried chicken nasi lemak must be very satisfying. I love crispy chicken skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very satisfying and very worth it.

      Delete
  3. Ah, girl girl is like her mommy! Can eat sambal pedas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you got your cravings satisfied for mama lee salted egg yolk chicken nl and kmpg style fried rice. very good! What is the herb or spices that they use for kmpg style fried rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spices I believe are made up of ikan bilis, onions, garlic and chilies.

      Delete
  5. You are such a good mommy to let her continue sleeping on your bed. So syiok to sleep until open only one eye to look at you n go back to sleep again. The aircon wasn't on? The bedroom wasn't cold so she likes it? Not hot ah upstairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I did not switch on the fan or air-cond. It is hot but she seems OK with that.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your groceries shopping tomorrow! Be safe! Let me know got long q or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of her sitting on your slipper. Like a loaf of ginger bread! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please do take good care when you go back to office on Monday and please write about all that you observe around you. People got do social distancing or not and etc. Please stay safe, ok? Girl Girl and all of us need you! So please stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aiyo, how to take a break from cooking when you still have to cook for your partner since he didn't order anything....hehehe! ;) It's good to order from somewhere near, that's how the chicken can arrive still crispy. I think you found yourself full because of the salted egg fried chicken as too much salted egg tends to give you that "jelak" feeling.

    This cat is certainly very ngam for you...she even has a taste bud for spicy food (if not, I'm sure you'll train her well)...lol! :D Cats sleeping positions are the cutest. I find myself staring at Cookie with a smile on my face when he sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I had to cook for him! hah..hah.. very simple only - he is happy with porridge or soup.

      I can never get tired of looking at my Girl when she is asleep.

      Delete
  10. All your orders look good. Just not crazy about the rampant use of plastic. Tsk! Tsk! Can wrap in grease-proof paper, like fried rice especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true but most of the restaurants prefer convenience. Perhaps in time they will switch to environmentally friendly packaging.

      Delete
  11. Your nasi lemak sounds and looks tasty.
    Your girl sure loves your slipper. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She like the smell of my feet. LOL!

      Delete