Friday 1 May 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #45 (It's My Blog Anniversary!)


Today is day #45 and it is also Labor Day. Then suddenly I remembered, eh, 1st May is my blog anniversary! hee..hee.. It has been 8 years already since I posted my very first post.

I had intended to slow down this year but with the MCO and nothing better to do (actually got lah), I have been posting daily since day #2 of the MCO. Back in those days I baked macam-macam things and cooked macam-macam dishes. But I have since gone lazy....

I know that you people are bored. How do I know? Because I have been getting unusually encouraging daily pageviews, more than what I usually clock up.


I mean these stats are nothing compared to the pageviews of famous bloggers, but to a small timer like me, it is a big deal.


I am grateful to my fellow bloggers and readers for the support and for taking the time to visit my humble blog.

Thank you, ah!

Today I ate prawns again heh..heh...heh... This is the last portion.


I followed more or less the same recipe except that I added fresh and powdered turmeric for a different flavor.


I knew it was going to be good.


I also made some coleslaw to go with it. This might be a strange combo for some of you.


Today our Prime Minister gave a speech in conjunction with Labor Day and it looks like most of us can go back to work starting 04-05-2020. That is a relief because I can work on my backlogs and start generating some much needed revenue. I will not be eating out but will be food prepping this Sunday for the week ahead.

With my going back to work, that would mean that my daily Covid-19 MCO blogposts might come to an end. But we'll see. I will post as and when I have the time.

Although I welcome the opportunity to return to work, I have mixed feelings because, well, I enjoyed staying at home (I was born to be a loafer). Maybe this is the impetus to work harder so that I can go on early retirement. Hah!

I enjoyed the time I spent with my cat and I believe that we bonded further over the past few weeks. I am going to miss her when I am in the office.

Well, somebody will definitely miss her afternoon snooze on my bed.


Every afternoon when I am in the study room, she will quietly make her way upstairs and she has promoted herself from the floor to the bed.


I guess my cat and I have to get used to the old routine pre-MCO. I hope I won't be depressed next Monday hah...hah...

30 comments:

  1. I used to have a blue curtain with the same sea shells motif as your bed sheet. Now I remember but I sold my previous place together with that blue curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used up all the prawns and no more prawns in the fridge. Drooling over the prawns, look so delicious. Smart girl, self promotion! Hope you won't get Blue Monday syndrome when you start work on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might buy prawns but no so soon. I am starting to love prawns. Yes, hope not to experience going back to work blues. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogniversary!! I like prawns cooked like that but I mostly steam at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I can buy very fresh prawns, then I will try the steaming method.

      Delete
  4. Happy 8th year of blogging! Hey, you're not a smalltime blogger with pageviews like that....much more than me...heehee! ;) My blog's pageview is the complete opposite of yours. I guess people are looking for cooking blogs more than food review blogs during this time...hah..hah! ;D I've seen my stats drop by half since the MCO started...although it has been on the downward trend since my decision to blog less.

    I was taken by surprise to hear that almost all businesses can restart on Monday. I thought the MCO would end 12 May at the earliest. Don't know why the govt decided to bring it forward since the extension was already announced and accepted in the first place. Hope it's the right decision and not too soon even though there are certain restrictions, SOPs and guidelines to adhere to. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are very generous with your compliments lah heh..heh...It is true that cooking blogs attract more attention especially baking blogs but I hardly tried baking or cooking new recipes. Surprisingly pre-MCO I find that when I write about restaurants, I get higher page views.

      The MCO is still in force, it is just that the government relaxed the rules to allow certain businesses to re-open subject to compliance of strict SOP on health and safety. I heard from my partner that there are many more cars on the road now.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary Ah Hong Chee! Your pageviews are over 3 million going to 4 million! Your blog is the most popular in this whole Universe and Milky Way! Now besides food talk, you are talking about cats. That will give you 5 million next year.

    You are still sleeping on the fishy ocean bedsheet! Surely la Ah Girl is attracted to the start fishes and sea shells. She is waiting for salmon fish to swim by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aiyo...no lah, not so popular lah. If really popular, would have hit 10 million by now wahahahaha!!!

      I like that bedsheet and Ah Girl likes to sleep on it.

      Delete
  6. I will miss your daily post and Girl Girl when you go back to your office on Monday. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be sad, there will be post every few days or who knows, I might be able to blog (maybe short post) even on work days.

      Delete
  7. Happy 8th blog anniversary to you! May there be many many many more. Your partner doesn't like prawns? If he does, doesn't he complain why you want to cook it pedas until he cannot eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He will eat only very fresh prawns. Frozen punya tak main. LOL!

      Delete
  8. I am ok with coleslaw and prawns combination. Sounds ok to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many visitors!!! Mine is so so so miserable, around 500 only usually. Thinking of closing down my blog, not worthwhile doing it...even though it is not a money-spinning one, no money involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only during this time, usually it is not that many. Oh no, please don't close down your blog. I enjoy it, I read it every day.

      Delete
  10. Aha!!! I see you made your coleslaw already, eh? LOL!!!
    How much did you pay for those prawns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Adding cider vinegar does make it taste so much better. I did not buy those prawns. They were given to me by my brother.

      Delete
  11. happy blog birthday! you're only three years younger than me! :) i guess a lot of people are nervous about what life outside on monday will look like - so do report back if you can! since i can still wfh, and this is still not quite the time to visit restaurants for reviews yet, i probably won't leave my neighbourhood for a few more days. hopefully you'll have a minimal-stress monday when you head back out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am curious how it will work out, dining out under the rules spelled out bu the ministry. I will sure take a peek at the restaurants tomorrow! Fingers crossed I will have a smooth day tomorrow.

      Delete
  12. Happy 8th blog anniversary! Your blog is only 8 years old and the pageviews already exceeded mine by so much. If you are a small timer, i will be a nobody, lol.

    Keep calm and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! Oh, don't say that! My pageviews are normally not that good, only during this MCO because people are so free to read. LOL!

      Delete
  13. Even though you may miss the bonding time you had with your ah girl after you returned to work but think on the bright side, you can still go back to her and see her at night after your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I could still spend time with her in the evenings and weekends.

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on your 8 years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete