As I have mentioned in this post, I found a delicious salad which is Taco Salad. I guess it's called a Taco Salad because the ingredients used are what usually goes into a taco.
Since I was so enthusiastic about this salad, I did some research to find out what ingredients and dressing to use.
There are all sorts of ingredients you can use and the main ones are lettuce, capsicum, black beans, onions, tomatoes (some use salsa), jalapenos, shredded cheese, beef/chicken, cilantro, spring onions etc and topped with corn chips for some crunch.
I went with just a few - romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, black beans, onions, capsicum and cilantro. For protein, I used roasted chicken.
I admit that one of the things that made this salad very nice is the addition of corn chips. It gives the salad some texture and the corn chips actually enhance the whole experience. Junk food + salad = yum.
The salad was so good, thanks to the very tasty and zippy Catalina dressing, that I had it two days in a row.
Recipe source : PH
- Romaine lettuce, torn into bit sized pieces
- cherry tomatoes, chopped into smaller pieces
- capsicum, cut into cubes
- red onion, thinly sliced
- black beans
- roasted chicken meat, diced
- corn chips, crushed
- Catalina dressing : Recipe here
1. Put all salad ingredients in a mixing bowl and add adequate dressing and toss.
2. Transfer to serving bowl and top with extra corn chips.