Monday 8 July 2019

A Lacklustre Big Breakfast


I had overnight oats at lunch time (technically my breakfast) and obviously that was not enough to sustain me through the afternoon. So I envisioned a satisfying and robust late lunch but I had no idea where to go or what to eat.

There is this little place that has been around for ages as far as I remember. They must be popular to have staying power at Damansara Uptown where cafes/restaurants come and go in a blink of an eye.

So I had to check them out.


I got there past 2:00pm and it was relatively quiet. Service was not very congenial which I put down to the personality of the service staff. Some people have it, some people don't, if you know what I mean.

Ordering is done at the counter and while I was ticking my selections for the big breakfast, the young man was tapping his fingers as if trying to hurry me along. I really dislike it when people do that.

After I paid for my order, I took a seat.


Coffee was served first.


It was a tad diluted. The coffee at that Mexican place is way better.


So this is the big breakfast with wholemeal toast and five items - baked beans, pancake, chicken sausages, beef bacon and fried eggs.


The baked beans were cold. Fridge cold. They must have stored the baked beans in the fridge and simply scooped some into the ramekin without it heating up. 

The eggs, well, you can see that for yourself.


The pancake was small, thin and dry. I slathered it with butter and strawberry jam to make it palatable.


The beef bacon was very beefy. I love bacon and I find beef bacon acceptable but not this one.


The chicken sausages were .... well, chicken sausages.


I always finish my coffee but not this time.


So I made a permanent departure. Bon voyage and good luck! And with that I adjourned to another destination, still feeling hungry.

23 comments:

  1. The butter served in those mini plastic containers turns my nose up straight away. Sorry you had a disappointing breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very disappointed with the quality of the items in this breakfast. Even the coffee was bad.

      Delete
  2. No pork bacon means no big breakfast for me cos that is the rule I set for my spouse. I can understand the feeling of being not satisfied after a meal and still need to eat. I get that too after a bad meal. Can't wait to read what you ate next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made pancakes for breakfast today. Yummy. Soft and thick, goes so well with butter and syrup. Lol.

    Unless the big breakfast is good and worth it, I would order. Otherwise I could make myself at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish I could taste your pancakes!

      Delete
  4. Big breakfast is ok, as breakfast is like a King. I can finish the whole plate too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad that it was not a good one :(

      Delete
  5. That looks like a sad big breakfast. I usually avoid Big breakfast at cafes, but had a nice one the other day where they served homemade pork sausages, bacon and the works. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sad hah..hah... I have had much, much better.

      Delete
  6. Breakfast not cheap, the attitude of the staff there has to change otherwise how to sustain business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly this place has been around many years. I don't understand how.

      Delete
  7. It sure looks quite miserable. I really cannot stand it when they can't even fry eggs nicely and they want to run an eatery. I bet they can't do scrambled or poached either. Tsk! Tsk! I love the Big breakfast overseas, real big and there's ham, bacon and own-made sausages, among a whole lot of other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pathetic :( Not coming back, that's for sure.

      Delete
  8. If I tapped my fingers or feet habitually, my wife would kill me lah! She hates it too. So you are not alone.

    Hihihihihi....


    This remark 'So I made a permanent departure' sounds so funny like gone to Nirvana already after your One Way Ticket meal. I never liked Beef Bacons even in America esp their stronger pungent smell and texture. The ang mohs loves the smell like how we love durians! They loathe Kimchi and durians like hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place, can forget about it lah. I don't understand how they managed to stay in business all this while.

      Delete
  9. From the first pic of your Big Breakfast, I already knew it would be bad...overcooked eggs, baked beans direct from a can, factory-produced sausages (we can buy from a supermarket) and wholemeal bread that looks exactly like those from Gardenia. This is the kind of BB I'd cook at home (minus the overcooked eggs) with ingredients bought from a supermarket but certainly don't expect such standard from a cafe (for that I want house-made sausages, not canned beans, some house-made bread or at least get some better ones from bakeries). >_< Ya, some beef bacon can be very good, definitely shouldn't be beefy tasting. Bon Voyage, indeed! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you could tell right away that the breakfast was totally pathetic. I am quite perplexed how they stayed open for so many years >.<

      Delete
  10. Gosh how they serve cold baked beans to customers, totally off and CMI (cannot make it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *how could they serve

      Delete
    2. I am wondering too. Too lazy and couldn't care less. Bye bye. LOL!

      Delete
  11. I almost go here last Sunday as hubby said long time never visit, haha!

    ReplyDelete